What motor home would you buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isaac-1, I  think we are wasting our time. I went back and re read the entire thread again. I showed the OP several quality coaches in her price range. (see post 17/25) All were just not good enough yet she is now looking at entry level gas and diesel coaches. :eek:
The outher funny post was cadee2c 
"Theres a few things I dont like either. Like the shower being open to the bedroom. If one person is sleeping, the other taking a shower would not be an option."
Better coaches have "pocket doors" some are air operated. I am shure they had them open when taking pictures to make it look bigger.
Bill

workingtorv said:
Thanks, I was hoping you would respond, I didn?t want to come across nosey so didn?t ask, I also didn?t want to hijack another thread.  So you like your 37PA? I do think it fits the bill.  It may be sooner if I get the right price, I would prefer new. Thanks.

If you were able to "score" a 1-2 year old coach with transferable extended warranty, wouldn't that be as good as new without the brand new price? That's how we bought our Quantum ws31. Owners hadn't even had it a full year. Had to sell due to health reasons. They purchased a Good Sam extended service plan, tire plan and interior upholstery coverage. ALL TRANSFERABLE to us! The coach had 1280 miles on it. We paid $70k for a coach they paid $115k for 11 months earlier.
  I would be looking for a 2-5 year old Tiffin or Winnebago Journey/Itasca Meridian.
Whatever you end up doing, enjoy the hunt. Don't get all stressed about it. :)
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2017-Tiffin-Motorhomes-ALLEGRO-RED-33AA-5005741481

99dart said:
If you were able to "score" a 1-2 year old coach with transferable extended warranty, wouldn't that be as good as new without the brand new price? That's how we bought our Quantum ws31. Owners hadn't even had it a full year. Had to sell due to health reasons. They purchased a Good Sam extended service plan, tire plan and interior upholstery coverage. ALL TRANSFERABLE to us! The coach had 1280 miles on it. We paid $70k for a coach they paid $115k for 11 months earlier.
  I would be looking for a 2-5 year old Tiffin or Winnebago Journey/Itasca Meridian.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2017-Tiffin-Motorhomes-ALLEGRO-RED-33AA-5005741481
Nice short coach. But not 1/4 the Fortravel I linked to and the Tiffin is $40,000+ more money :))
Bill

WILDEBILL308 said:
Isaac-1, I  think we are wasting our time. I went back and re read the entire thread again. I showed the OP several quality coaches in her price range. (see post 17/25) All were just not good enough yet she is now looking at entry level gas and diesel coaches. :eek:
The outher funny post was cadee2c 
"Theres a few things I dont like either. Like the shower being open to the bedroom. If one person is sleeping, the other taking a shower would not be an option."
Better coaches have "pocket doors" some are air operated. I am shure they had them open when taking pictures to make it look bigger.
Bill

Bill and Issac I appreciate what your choices would be if you were in the market with same budget but as mentioned I said ?new or nearly new? while I understand that the older buses are more than likely build better and all but old and build better would not be my choice.  I don?t see a need to post that you are wasting your time because my wants may be different than yours.  If  that was the case sorry to waste your time but I did say ?new or nearly new?.

Thanks.

99dart said:

This one is amongst top of the list along the 37PA and Newmar Ventana, thanks!  If I decide to drop the budget which is very enticing with the crazy cost of US dollar vs Canadian dollar my choice would be Newmar Canyon Star or Allegro but that?s insane of me to change my mind on my wants I guess.

Thanks for the link.

workingtorv said:
Bill and Issac I appreciate what your choices would be if you were in the market with same budget but as mentioned I said ?new or nearly new? while I understand that the older buses are more than likely build better and all but old and build better would not be my choice.  I don?t see a need to post that you are wasting your time because my wants may be different than yours.  If  that was the case sorry to waste your time but I did say ?new or nearly new?.

Thanks.
You are right I will cease and and no longer try to educate you.
Bill

ok, here's my 2 pesos:
We checked some gently used RV's last fall, Winnebago, Forest Rivers and Georgetowns, 2015-2016 range gassers, and was really disappointed in the build quality of them all. Then we took a look at a 2013 Tiffin Open Road with a Ford V-10. The Tiffin we felt was FAR better built than the others. From cabinets, to outside storage, front to back, just felt and looked like it was constructed much better. We are continuing our search for a used Tiffin.

joester said:
ok, here's my 2 pesos:
We checked some gently used RV's last fall, Winnebago, Forest Rivers and Georgetowns, 2015-2016 range gassers, and was really disappointed in the build quality of them all. Then we took a look at a 2013 Tiffin Open Road with a Ford V-10. The Tiffin we felt was FAR better built than the others. From cabinets, to outside storage, front to back, just felt and looked like it was constructed much better. We are continuing our search for a used Tiffin.

Jokester, thanks for your response. I agree with your two pesos  on all your points just returned from RV show yesterday. 

We started this RV gig out with a used Class C to test the waters liked it so a few years later we bought New which is what I would consider low to mid end gas.  This decision was based on budget and likes based on that. We still have that coach and it has given us no major problems whatsoever.  So now that we are wanting to upgrade we (I) started out with liking the Allegro Red but our budget once we exchange our dollar for US we can?t get into that comfortably so now I am concentrating on nicer gas.  The Tiffin Allegro and Newmar Canyon Star are the front runners. The CS 3722 is nice but I am quite concerned about the CCC on that one, I am convinced I am left with none after filling with water, gas propane, hubby dog and myself.  There seems to be not much left after all that on the one I saw.  Dealer nor Newmar confirmed or denied my thoughts so I am thinking they are avoiding answering. They seem to be heavy right off the bat. The Allegro seems to leave more and I physically saw and touched and am very impressed and because it is less than original budget even better. 

Thanks

SeilerBird said:
I say this because I have walked though literally hundreds of used RVs that were for sale. The high end RVs were almost always much better cared for.

This is very true. People who make that sizable investment will always think about resale and maintain their coaches with resale in mind.

MammaG5 said:
This is very true. People who make that sizable investment will always think about resale and maintain their coaches with resale in mind.

That's not always true -- I know a specific high end rig that was badly abused by the original owner -- but it IS the most common situation with those rigs.

Back
Top Bottom