what should I say......newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer1959

My trailer is Jayco white hawk 24RBS, overall lenght 27 feet from tongue to rear bumper, flooplan 24 feet. Now if I have to reserve a campsite, or if I just talk about my trailer, should I say that I have a 27 feet trailer or 24 ?

Thanks guys

I would say 28'. I've shown up to a site that was labeled 65' on their website and my 55' truck and trailer ate up every bit of it. They must have measured it diagonally haha.

Kind of wondering what other do as well.  What I did this past summer (our first) was tell them the trailer was 30 feet hitch to bumper.  That way they knew the total length.

We always went with about 4 to 5' bigger than what the actual  length is. That way the campground will give you a site using those dimensions. Typically I've found that the campgrounds will not charge any more for a deeper site.  Take advantage of getting a bigger site if possible. You'll be much happier.

If reserving a campsite, 27 feet.  They need the overall size to be able to fit you in, plus it's in your interest to have some extra room. 

If just talking to other campers, I would say 24 feet - the floor plan size.

Yes, use the larger size when making reservations.  Our 40' motorhome is really 41+ and I can think of one place we had a terrible time fitting into a site because there was a cyclone fence around each site.  At the first site they assigned for a 40-footer our front end stuck out into the street by more than a foot.  In a few other places there have been trees directly behind the motorhome and you can't move them!  So always go with actual length to be on the safe side.

ArdraF

Generally 30 though at one COE park I know of they used a 6' yard stick so you can say it's 15 (I am not kidding, I put a 38 Foot RV on a site they say is not even big enough for a pop up in that park, and there is room for all 3 slideouts as well)

Once you're familiar with the campground, all bets are off. Our favorite site at a RI state park says 25 feet. For one week every year, our MH shrinks to 25 feet.

If you're planning to disconnect your tow vehicle from your trailer, I'm with the others.  If you want to leave it hooked up, you'll obviously need a longer site and want to use the combined length.  Of course, in some cases sites long enough to allow you to remain connected may not be available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom