What to bring for a private sale pick-up out of state?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedLeg

Been working on my planning list to prep for a Saturday pickup of a small Class A gas MH through a private sale in another state.  List has the big stuff: cashier's check, RV insurance set up, Coach-Net ERS membership (by 11:59pm the day before so it's active on the day of pickup), Trip Permit from DMV, tool box, inspection checklists, Bill of Sale (2 copies).  It's an as-is, where-is deal.  What am I missing?  :eek:  Looking for input on what you had or didn't have when you went to get yours.  Thanks for any assistance.

Leif

I took my folding ladder in order to take off the outside window screens when I picked mine up 400 miles from home. I also kept in mind that WalMart is in almost every town for the inevitable need for a hose or fitting or spatula. If you're towing a toad back home maybe some electrical connectors just in case something isn't quite as anticipated.

Congratulations and good luck

Ken

Yes, ;) found the checklists and added to them with make/model specific points from the online owners forum... Going to be driving about 275 miles, inspecting, test driving and if all good, bringing her home.  Just looking for tips to make the trip as smooth as possible and the return trip uneventful.  Owner is an active member of their online community and has kept up on maintenance but she is a 15 year old MH.  Thanks.

Are you sure the seller will accept a  cashier's check? With all the fraud going on, I'm not too sure I'd accept one these days. The last larger transaction I had, was a transfer from his bank to mine, then it took over 2 hours to be confirmed, why I don't know.

I'm not sure I would be too concerned with a face to face customer. The buyer's willing so everything is good.

Last week we sold our 2010 Fleetwood Bounder to a couple from Washington State. When it came to the money (a rather large sum) we all went to the bank together and my wife and the buyer went to the cashier as the buyer ordered his cashier's check. Everything happened with all of us together, there was no chance of a scam. After the sale, we even accepted a personal check for a few thousand dollars for the extended warranty transfer the TST TPMS System that he bought separately.

We transferred the title, had a bill of sale notarized and that was all there was to it.

Most scams are very transparent, just use your head, good common sense, take care of the money at the bank with all parties present and everything will be great. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom