what types of knives are legal where

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SargeW said:
In Ca, 12020 a 1 PC generally refers to illegal possession of a Dirk or Dagger. They are knives generally designed to be stabbing weapons.  A typical folding knife (pocket knife) in generally not an illegal weapon.

Just an FYI.... 12020 PC was repealed in California several years ago.  It was broken into two separate code for knives.  the first is 21310 PC - possession of dirk or dagger.  And, 21510 PC - possession of switchblade knife.

Matt

To the OP, you could always get a small gun safe when traveling. I purchased this little guy to carry my Ruger LC9s in my luggage when flying. NOT CARRY-ON, but checked bags. It is in our MH now hidden & strapped behind the bedroom tv.
https://www.amazon.com/GunVault-NV300-NanoVault-Combination-Lock/dp/B003841ZBS/ref=pd_sim_60_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B003841ZBS&pd_rd_r=SK11Y7SJTH64NKJS5YE5&pd_rd_w=V4P5i&pd_rd_wg=SqHEC&psc=1&refRID=SK11Y7SJTH64NKJS5YE5

SargeW said:
I don't want to drag this topic into a political area, but it does bare saying this. Unless someone is positive that they are willing to take another's life, then don't carry ANY deadly weapon. Get Mace or a Taser. Deadly weapons are not used to "threaten or scare" someone away. And that is from a law enforcement perspective.

You could always just get a really good first aide kit and hope for the best. 

SargeW said:
I don't want to drag this topic into a political area, but it does bare saying this. Unless someone is positive that they are willing to take another's life, then don't carry ANY deadly weapon. Get Mace or a Taser. Deadly weapons are not used to "threaten or scare" someone away. And that is from a law enforcement perspective.

What's wrong with carrying both? The problem with saying that you shouldn't carry any deadly weapon, just mace or a taser, is that you are limiting yourself to one option. As with any tool, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Thank you so much to everyone for your input.  You guys sure made me laugh!!!  Especially when I read Dan's (utahclaimjumper) comment about the kitchen knives!  LOL  I never even thought about that!  Sometimes a different perspective is important.  As to Marty's (sargew) comment on carrying knives as a weapon, NEVER!  I was married to a deputy and am well aware of the dangers of having a weapon turned on you.  My daughter wants to learn to hunt and fish and I just don't know what is and isn't allowed when it comes to knives.  We have a healthy respect for them and the law ;)  Our defenses are God and good ol' fashioned common sense.  Naked... LOL

mattcoker17 said:
Just an FYI.... 12020 PC was repealed in California several years ago.  It was broken into two separate code for knives.  the first is 21310 PC - possession of dirk or dagger.  And, 21510 PC - possession of switchblade knife.

Matt

Thanks for the heads up Matt.

Any pocket knife with 3" or less blade is legal in all states. You said you wanted it for hunting and or fishing. Keep it in a tackle box for extra measure. If your RV has a kitchen, then cooking utensil knives can be larger and still acceptable. Just keep it in the kitchen drawer with all the other utensils.

This has less than a 3" edge and would be very effective against an unarmed attacker.  You might need a little war paint to set the mood.

https://www.zoro.com/sog-tomahawk-275-in-edge-1575-in-l-24-oz-f01tn-cp/i/G1229523/

We carry several cans of wasp spray. My wife read about that somewhere, not sure how effective it will be. On the upside they have a pretty good range and a lot of it in the can. On the down side, it's like the dog spray the post office uses..you don't know if it will work until you use it and then it's too late if it doesn't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom