What's that doohickey called....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVn00b

Well, we did it!  We closed on our 2006 Outlook 27L yesterday--we are now officially RV owners!  ;D

When we did the walk-through, we saw some snap attachments at regular intervals along the wall between the cab and the main portion of our Outlook.  The service tech said that it was for a privacy curtain that attaches there.  The previous owners, as generous as they were with chocks, levelers, hoses, tire covers, etc., did not include the privacy curtain, though.  We'd like to order a replacement.

Thing is, no matter what kind of boolean permutations I try, Google will not give me the sites I'm looking for.  I tried "privacy curtain," "shade," "interior accessories," but all Google picks up on is "Winnebago Outlook" and gives me a plethora of used Outlooks for sale. (And yes, I DO know what a "plethora" is.  ;D )

Does anyone know the correct term for the item I'm looking for?  I'll settle for that, but a link to purchase one (new or used in good condition doesn't matter) would be gravy.  Thanks!

Have you tried calling Winnie?  or go to the web site and download the parts list and hopefully there will be a part name for it.  The other option is to measure the distance between the snaps and have one made possibly of canvass from someone in the marine business.

I think the correct term is "thingamajig". :)  That said, a local upholstery could probably make you a new curtain for the price you might find (if you ever find) from Winnebago.

I don't think Winnebago makes that item. A lot of people put them in for better temperature control. It blocks the cab from the main space in the RV to allow better heating and cooling.

When all else fails call customer service at Winnebago.  They won't sell you parts but can at least tell you if it is a standard product. 
As a member of our family consider joining the WIT Club, you have entered into a great lifestyle.

Don G. WIT 70041

You might try Lichtsinn RV http://www.lichtsinn.com/ They are one mile from the Winnebago factory. If I remember right there are two people in the RV parts department and they are very helpful and easy to talk to. They will know if that is a factory item or not.

Or try The Winnebago Service Administration Department at 1-800-537-1885.

Also for a pre-owned RV you can register that on line at http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/secondowner/index.php.

After digging around the exterior storage, I found an exterior-mounted windshield cover.  The security-minded part of me (my profession) wishes it mounted internally, but it's better than nothing and enables me to postpone buying a new cover for a while.  I can deal with that.  8)

You don't say where you are located...if you are a anywhere near the water and sailboats etc., a decent sail, canvas maker can make you what you need with no problem...

I'm in Central Texas.  Lake Puddle Travis is just across town, but the surrounding Lakeway area is SPENDY!  :eek:

I suggest you investigate that privacy curtains for rvs in McKinney, Texas and get some really nice curtains.  We like ours.

Wendell

PS: and they have a plethora of styles available.

Welcome to the Winnebago family.  As others have said consider joining the WIT club and perhaps a local Winnebago club.

You can find Winnebago Parts on line here:  http://www.winnebagoparts.com/

You can call or e-mail.  They will ask for you VIN and Serial number.  Parts will be specific for your motor home.

Safe travels.

JD

I found that site and sent in my info this morning.  How long does it take to get a response?  It's probably been a good 8-9 hours since I sent the e-form.

RVn00b said:
I found that site and sent in my info this morning.  How long does it take to get a response?  It's probably been a good 8-9 hours since I sent the e-form.

They will probably respond tomorrow or you can call and their response will be immediate.

Safe travels.

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom