What's the highest mileage you've ever had on a car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou,
I think that would fall under technology driven. I am not sure, but I bet they have a heap of specifications that need to meet also; keeping the Military, Aerospace and Automotive folks happy.
KD

2002 Ford Escape - 265,000.

It was my company car and I drove it off road, on road, I really used this vehicle.
It held up nicely.  Friend of mine bought his daughter one for a school car just based
on the dependability of mine.  I think they are a pretty stout little ride.  MPG was not the best.

I bought a 1998 Infiniti I30 fresh off the lot in May, 1998.  I traded it in Dec., 2007, with 259,000 miles on it.  Wow!!!  What a great vehicle!!!  First time in the shop was at 214,000 except for oil, tires, etc.  I would buy another if I could find one I would trust had been treated well. ;D

I owned a 1983 Mercedes 340D with a 5 cylinder turbo diesel in it that had 335,000 miles on it when my son, who was 16 and had only had his drivers license for 2 weeks, hit a huge oak tree head on and totaled it.  I have no doubt that it saved his life because he walked away from the crash without a scratch even though the engine and transmission were pushed back into the dash of the car.  Anyway, I think that car would have gone well over 500,000 miles because it still ran and drove perfectly at 335,000 miles.  I would probably still be driving it today if he hadn't totaled it.

Another one of my sons had an early 90's Buick Regal Sport that he drove to 320,000 miles before he sold it and bought a smaller car with fewer miles.  I'll bet that car is still on the road today as well.

Dan

My 96 dodge cummins powered 4x4 dually had 420,00 miles when i sold it. Put 220,00 miles on my 07 diesel dodge. Went back to a 97 12 valve dodge, and it has 231,00 on it.

These mileage accounts are pretty encouraging!  For our last several car purchases, I've bought used when the car has around 50-60k miles and sell 4-5 years later at around 120k miles while the car still has some value (once we saved up enough to buy the next one).  I'm thinking we are going to hang on to our current car awhile past the 120k mark... currently at 90k after buying at 60k and owning ~2.5 years.

Sold our 1986 mazda 626 to the neighbor with exactly 350K on it. He drove it another 15 or so.
The old GLC went 248.
My daily driver camry has 210.
Our tow rig is at 240.

2001 Subaru Forester.  350,000+ and still going strong, no oil burning passes emission inspection just wont die!!

I just pulled the spark plugs on my 1993 Nissan Sentra.  After 50,000 miles they looked like new - no buildup, no glazing.

I just re-gapped them and put them back in.

This is the third set of plugs this car has had.  When I bought it from my sister in 2000 with 100,000 miles on it it had a miss under acceleration.  When I pulled the plugs the electrode was worn below the level of the ceramic insulator.  She couldn't remember ever replacing them.

I put in a new set, then put in another set at 170,000 miles.  The car now has 220,000 miles on it and runs fine.

BTW - these are standard plugs, not the extended life ones.

Back in 2001, I sold a 1999 Chevy K1500 to a friend who had an electrical business.  I asked him several years ago about the truck.  He'd since sold it to his son with over 250,000 miles on it.  He was griping about having to spend over $200 to fix a power window!!!!  No other major problems.  He says he continued the use of the Mobile 1 I had used.

Cool!  I agree, the synthetic oil has done wonders for extending the years on motors.

Back
Top Bottom