wheel chocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackm

I want to purchase a set of wheel chocks for my 5er. BAL and Chock-In-Lock are very similar in price and design. Any pros or cons??

Thanks so much

We used the Chock N Lock when we had fivers and it worked pretty well. The built in lever handle was the selling point for me - more convenient than the separate ratchet wrench on the BAL. However, the lever handle bent on one of the the Chock N Locks after a year or so of use and I couldn't tighten it up as much as I would like.  This was several years ago, so perhaps they have beefed it up some since.  The BAL may be a bit more rugged? Don't know - haven't actually used one of them.

I have some similar to these (Camco I think...don't know the actual brand of mine).  I got them from my Dad.  He didn't have enough distance between his tires to fit these in.  The just barely go between my tires.  But they work great.  They are a bit heavy, but then again, they are pretty heavy duty.

BAL Deluxe chocks are good (that is what I use), if you have the clearance between tires to use them, but hands down, Roto-Chok is the best and actually not that much more, but you do have to order them online. One problem I've had with my BAL's is that my trailer has Mor/Ryde suspension and it seems that a day or so after I put the BAL's on, I have to go back and reposition and retighten them after the suspension stabilizes (about 1 day) and allowed the tires to move further apart.

Larry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom