Wheelchair lift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mosagra

This is slightly off topic but you guys popped into my mind when I came up with this idea.

My granddaughter is in a wheelchair, instead of building her a ramp I’m considering installing a lift similar to this in a fixed location (a porch) instead of a vehicle.

These are obviously 12 volt. Any reaso why I cannot power this with an rv converter?

If I May.......
I would consider using a battery and adding a solar panel to keep it charged.
It will be exposed to rain and snow and 12 volt would be safer in those conditions.
If you happen to lose power the lift will still operate.

I agree 100% with Gizmo100, a battery and keep it changed however works best for you. Only concern with your plan on a fixed porch, make sure that in case of emergency (fire), she can vacate quickly enough; that's one advantage I see with a ramp, aside from the obvious, the unit is subject to mechanical breakdown.

I bought a Van a couple of months ago with a near new lift. It took forever to give it away FREE...and yes I called many, many organization associated with disable persons and vets.

At any event, the Hydraulic motor was powered by the one engine 12v battery.

As far as emergencies and power outages, for what it’s worth, these require no power at all for going down. And they have a hand pump, if a non wheelchair person is available you can raise the lift pretty easily.
I just noticed how inexpensive these are, I actually have a plan to start acquiring them and installing for needy people.

Can you just tell me about the wheelchair of the granddaughter? I'm looking for an adult wheelchair for an elderly man. He is desperate to go to the coast for a day out and hasn't been anywhere for 2 years. I am reading some suggestions here. Can anybody help?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom