where and how to purchase RV in US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am placing deposit for my RV tomorrow. Decided to buy Thor ACE 29.2 from ILL dealer I choose is  campingworld. They give me offer I could not refuse.

Glad to see you making progress Jan. Be sure to stay in touch, and let us know the progress with your new RV and your travels.

Thanks guys
I am so exited. Since I am starting my trip in Illinois, My first experiance in US will be Route 66. I will drive all 400 miles with many stops.

Jan Stiskala said:
My first experiance in US will be Route 66. I will drive all 400 miles with many stops.
I guess you mean 400 miles with in Illinois.  Route 66 was (is) about 2500 miles long.

Yes this time only IL but I am sure that there will be chance to get on 66 to see more.

I am over all surprised how easy is to organize my purchase so far. I asked for price 3 different dealers, and all of them was more than helpful to do the deal. I choose the large dealer, the Campingworld outlet, for  simple reason. They offered to order new RV from Thor and let me to choose all my options and colours for much cheaper price than competition. Also sales person was nice on the phone, helpful and willing to sent me all the informations. They recommended new against slightly used RV, and price difference was only US$3500.

To arrange LCC trough attorney was also easy. Cost including taking care of registration $1300

Now I have to arrange flight to Chicago from LA and hire sedan car for first few days. maybe I ask dealer to arrange to pick me up. Airport is apparently only 40 minutes away from the dealer.

So far so good. I will keep to update on my progress.

Enjoy your visit and travels in the U.S. Now, don't let anyone warn you about age limits to enjoy RV travels.

I read above a couple or so from young whipper-snappers who are only in their 70's or less. I and my wife are in our 80's and expect to continue RVing for another couple of decades. In fact we purchased our 5th RV just 2 years ago expecting to use it until it is worn out.

(Please don't anyone her take offense to my above comment. Although it is true, I wrote it with humor, no offense.)

He he. I can't imagine my self RVing 90 years old, but I know that many people is able to do this.
I am in US now in my new RV and so so happy. I am impressed how kind friendly and civilised are people here. Services are absolutely superb.
I am so glad to be here.

Cheers All.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom