Where can I find the "jackknife" or "sissor" couches for sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GTHill

Not sure what they are called. Anyway, I have found a great deal on a coach, but the couches in it don't fold out like I would like them to. So, I thought maybe I could find them for sale. Any idea who would carry something like that? Thanks!

Gene

I saw that someone was parting out an RV on one of the Virginia Craigslist sites the other day when I was poking around.

GTHill said:
Not sure what they are called. Anyway, I have found a great deal on a coach, but the couches in it don't fold out like I would like them to. So, I thought maybe I could find them for sale. Any idea who would carry something like that? Thanks!

Gene

Camping World stores.

Liz

Find an RV *DEALER* in your area and call them.  I found John Bleakley near me - they occasionally remove certain pieces of furniture from new RV's and replace them with 'something else' that the buyer wanted.  In my case, they had SEVERAL couches/chairs/tables, etc in an attic that they were DYING to get rid of ;D.
Steve

Thanks for all of the suggestions! It will be a nice option to customize the coach a bit. I'll make some calls and see what I can get locally.

Gene

When we removed the almost unused folding sofa from our coach, the company that did the remodel had a deal worked out with the owner of a nearby RV furniture retailer; We donated the sofa, the remodeling company took it to the store, the store sold the sofa, and the proceeds went to charity. I don't now where you're located, but the furniture retailer was Countryside Interiors in Junction City, OR.

re-Countryside Interiors in Junction City, OR.

I've used them to upgrade my driver's seat and am happy with the work.

Re the jackknife/scissor couch, if they are what I am thinking of, we actually got rid of ours because it was so uncomfortable to sleep on.  However if you don't use it for sleeping, it's just fine.  I'm wondering if a retail store like IKEA or something like that would have a sofa that might fit and would actually pull out to a full sized sleeping bed which may be much more comfortable for sleeping.

Marsha~

Marsha, I'm not sure why Gene is looking for a jack knife couch, but they do have one quality, (if that's the right word here) and that is that they can usually be lowered to the sleeping position without opening a slide.  Where a fold out couch usually cannot.

This is useful for those of us who use Wally World overnights occasionally and don't want to appear to be "camping". 

The comparison in sleeping comfort is almost laughable.  Either one would probably destroy my  back.

For pure aesthetics, I like my fold out couch in all it's Bounder Blue Glory.  ::) ::) :D 

I appreciate the information.

I actually was thinking of getting some for extra sleeping, but I'm not sure now from the comments I've heard. I laid down on one and it felt ok, but I guess sleeping on it is a different issue.

My wife and I love IKEA so maybe that is a good idea. Thanks for the help!

Gene

Back
Top Bottom