Where is seilerbird ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, he was flying. I have what is known as 'hunter's eyes'. I keep my head still as I watch for movement. I have spent hundreds of hours on the rim of the canyon watching for Condors during the last 6 or 7 years so it just comes natural to me now. I also know the secrets for identifying flying birds from a long distance. I can tell a Condor from a Turkey Vulture a mile or two away. You can't judge size at that distance. All birds look black at that distance so color doesn't help. Bird sounds usually don't carry that far and Condors make no noises. But the flight pattern of a Condor is completely different from a TV or any thing else in the sky. I generally only have to watch a bird fly for a few seconds to figure out if it is a Condor or not. They don't fly, they soar like a hang glider. Just about every thing else is flapping their wings. TVs tend to soar but they rock back and forth. The Condor flies flat and level.

Tom...next time you're in central Fl maybe I can get the airboat fired up for some bird pics in the the marsh nearby. Boaters that have to run the deep water miss all the beauty that is in the marsh next to their lakes. Let me know if you're interested.....Will

catblaster said:
Tom...next time you're in central Fl maybe I can get the airboat fired up for some bird pics in the the marsh nearby. Boaters that have to run the deep water miss all the beauty that is in the marsh next to their lakes. Let me know if you're interested.....Will
Thanks for the invite. I was in Florida last fall from Sept to December. I spent most of the time on the west coast between Perry and Fort Myers. I got a whole bunch of bird shots. I am having lots of trouble making long distance plans but as it looks right now I will be in Arizona till next summer saving to get a newer motorhome and getting my teeth done. Then I plan a trip to the Canadian Rockies National Parks in 2012. 2013 I am hoping will be my tour of all the Major League Baseball parks. So hopefully we can hook up then.

Back
Top Bottom