Where is the Generator in a 2000 Safari Zanzibar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Auzzi

I am interested in a 2000 Safari Zanzibar.
I intend to tow a 7000lb enclosed trail .
I have been told that this Rv has the generator in the back behind the back wheels.  Is this correct? 
I wonder if this would make the RV light in the steering.
I have tried searching for the info without success.

I don't know anything about the Zanzibar, but the generator on my Bounder is aft of the rear wheels. The rear axle (actual weight, ready for a trip) weighs near 13,000 lbs on dual tire sets, while the front axle is a bit under 7,000 with single tires -- max vehicle weight is 22,500. There's no balance problem with the aft generator. I expect most rigs are similar, since the engineers are most likely to leave a reasonable fore/aft balance in their design. In any case, I doubt the generator weighs all that much compared to so many other parts of the rig. For example I can carry 85 gallons of fresh water which, at 8 lbs/gal. is 680 lbs. (actually a little more than that), a lot heavier than the generator. Figure my 58 gal. gray water and my 45 gal. black tank as other heavy areas.  Granted that these tanks are between the axles, though.

So it's unlikely there'd be a problem if the generator is designed in from the start. If it's strictly an add-on, though, who knows?

Diesel pushers seldom have the generator in the back because the engine is already there. The most common place for the genset on a DP is in the very front-center. If the Zanzibar does not have the genset in the front, it will be on the side but probably not behind the rear axle. Simply not much room back there for it.

Front engine rigs usually put the generator toward the rear on one side or the other, except that toyhaulers need to keep it out of the way of the garage ramp and open area.

Addendum: looking closely at several photos of Zanzibars, I don't see any cutout for a genset in the front. Maybe it is toward the rear somewhere?  We have at least one Zanzibar owners here, so hopefully will get a definitive answer soon

Safari, prior to Monaco designs, did put the generator at the back. The ones I've seen were behind the drivers side rear wheels.

ken'

We have a 1999 Zans and the generator is on the drivers side in the very last compartment in the rear. Don't know if they were the same in 2000 but I would suspect that they are. I had our coach weighed on each wheel but I don't remember the actual weights. We're at the Forum Quartzsite rally now and I don't have the weight sheets with us.

Thanks for info.
I would suspect with virtually all the weight out the back adding a trailer to  it , certainly is not going to be good in a cross wind.
Think I will keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom