Where to camp in Florida Panhandle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jebriggs80

We are headed to Florida panhandle and would like to camp near Destin.  All state parks are full according to the Internet.  Does anyone have experience at Emerald Beach RV Resort or Panama City Beach RV Resort? 

Thought I had responded to this last night but didn't see my post. Here it goes again:

Stayed at Emerald Isle  a few years ago (before the 'cane) and liked it. But don't give up on the state parks. Not all state park campsites are reserveable so check the day before or the day of arrival. Call the park, not the reserve site, to see what's available. Get a commercial park reservation a a backup.

In May we stayed at Grayton Beach State Park and highy recommend it.  My first choice not knowing the area was Henderson Beach SP but that was full,  we drove to Destin while we were there to check it out..and drove thru Henderson...I can see why its always full.  Its immaculate. Raked crushed stone, eat off the floor clean.  Topsail looked almost like a private RV park.  Grayton is very laid back with great biking and kayaking. 

If you are only looking for a night or 2, you can try going to the park.  We stayed at Groyton Beach for 5 days in May, even though they were posted as being full.  The park ranger told me that they have 2 sites that are not part of the reservation system, so they can rent them out to people who show up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artic fox mike
Back
Top Bottom