Where to park our Serenit in the Dallas/Ft Worth area for a few days in November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chip D

I'm not sure I've seen this come up on the forum.  We are going to the Dallas/Ft Worth area for Thanksgiving and a mini reunion.  My wife and I and jack russell (not my wife, but my dog!!!) will be traveling in our beautiful and stately (if I do say so) LT Serenity which is on a Mercedes Sprinter frame for you that don't know.  Looks quite elegant if I do say so.

We were to be staying at my bro's new house, which is in a gated community in a very nice but new area.  So I asked my bro if I could park my 24' RV in his drive, and he thought that was a great idear.  He, being new to the community asked the people that run the association, and it was an unequivocal NO! "I am sorry but he will not be allowed to bring it into the community even if it fits in your driveway.  If it was a van, that would be one thing but a motorhome, no."

Hmm.  After I calmed down, I sent my bro a picture of the LT Serenity in front of the 5 Star Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. They were happy to park it.  I'm sure that if I had a 50'+ Prevost with multiple slides, that might be a problem, although if I had the money for that, I'd probably just buy up a few of the houses in the gated community, flatten them, and make it into an RV pad!!! 

What I'm wondering is, does my Class B constitute a van?  And if not, thoughts on campgrounds in the area around DFW.
Thanks in advance.

Well if you had a Leisure Travel Free Spirit,SS or TE you would probably be ok as those are vans....

Sorry to hear about your problem, some folks just don't understand it's really a home on wheels.
Doesn't matter. I looked at the rvparkreviews.com in, near and around Dallas. There are quiet a few.
Pick a RV park close to your bro's house and just store it there a few days.
Best of luck and enjoy your visit.

Thanks mucho.  Just hadn't heard of that before.  T'was at the LT rally in Winkler Manitoba this year and met alot of wonderful people.  Amazing to see the variety, but there were some people there that obviously had a lot of moola.  Was wondering if they encountered the same problem.

But,I understand from the homeowners assoc too.  You let someone bring in there $1,000,000.00 motorhome, and then someone wants to bring in their cheapo that they use as a duck blind!!!

Chip

Try Cowtowm just 10 minutes were of Dallas/Ft Worth in Aledo. You should not have any problem there. It is a nice park.

We have visited several friends who live in newer communities and were not aware of the restrictions on RVs where they lived. When asked to check it out after inviting us to park in front of their home or in their driveway they found that it was prohibited.

Jeff said:
We have visited several friends who live in newer communities that were not aware of the restrictions on RVs where they lived. When asked to check it out after inviting us to park in front of their home or in their driveway they found that it was prohibited.

Yes I don't think my bro realized they were that adamant about it. The problem is we have a small jack russell (aren't all jack russels small?) and my wife isn't wild about leaving her in the RV all day.  Quite frankly, neither am I.  I thought that was one of the reasons we bought the RV - besides the potty of course!!

Greyeagle said:
Sorry to hear about your problem, some folks just don't understand it's really a home on wheels.

Actually, I think they do understand it's really a home on wheels.

We recently moved from DFW.  There is a very nice RV park in Corinth, on I35E between Lewisville and Denton.  Destiny RV Park. 

As to parking in the development, HOAs in DFW are real PITAs, as are some cities.  Just forget about parking overnight in a HOA.  For that matter, cities often have restrictions as well (number of days, can't park on the street, etc). 

There is a very nice Corps of Engineers Park , Hickory Creek, about a mile or so South of Destiny RV in Denton.  Also, Holiday Park in Benbrook, South of Ft. Worth is nice and is another Corps of Engineers Park.  We have stayed at both of these and really liked them.  We have friends who stay on Lake Lavon in Wylie at another COE and visit friends in Plano or Wylie.  At least you have some options.

The HOA is relatively close to Lake Carolyn.  We're gonna stay at a park on Wed before Thanksgiving.  Then on Thursday, we'll drive up to the guard shack and tell'em the LT Serenity is just a VAN!!!  If that works and I can get in, my bro says we're ok as none of the neighbors will complain and then we can park on the drive way.
If that doesn't work, we park at the closest RV Park, and he picks up up every day.

Will see what we see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom