Where to Snowbird? Location in Texas or Arizona with amenities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadlife

We are starting to consider our location for the winter.  Florida was very enjoyable this year - we loved it - but would like a spot without alligators or crocodiles in the lakes and rivers.  Or a spot on the beach that allows dogs.  Our Brittany loves to swim.  Would like to find a spot with a large outdoor area, possibly even an outdoor kitchen ;-) or palapa setting.  Don't want much do I??? lol  Texas, Arizona, the warm spots of the southwest would be great.

Any recommendations?

Some people like the Colorado River area, either in AZ or CA. There are lots of RVers in Yuma AZ in winter. (We haven't tried it, other than passing through Needles CA. We like the Tucson area but no beaches there.)

Thanks everyone.

After a bit of searching, we are probably going to go with Retama Village in Mission Texas, unless we hear any bad feedback.  Anyone have first-hand knowledge of this park?

Thanks!

If we decide we like a "resort" for a rest stop, we will check this one out when we go southwest in late spring.

Re: Cal-Am resorts.  Funny no place could I find a schedule of rates.  Guess if I have to ask, I can't afford it.  ::)

Daisy

Daisy, the rates are linked from the individual resort pages.

Daisy said:
Re: Cal-Am resorts.  Funny no place could I find a schedule of rates.  Guess if I have to ask, I can't afford it.  ::)

Daisy

The link in tstumpf's post takes you to Sunflower's website and under the reservation number, there's a Rates clickable link that opens a pdf file. My computer asked me if I wanted to open it with a message way down at the bottom of the screen. They're not listed on their "rates" page but they do have some pretty good specials that they offer at rallies. And they have a back gate that goes down into a wash where you can let your dogs run loose, if you're so inclined (we were).

Wendy

I didn't realize that was the same place that Frank and Joe lived.  No matter, we won't be stopping on our way through anyway.  Too darn hot!!! ;D
Daisy

If you are looking for a place with a western flair check out the new 2E RV park just outside of Bandera, TX
Rate are very fair, new clean bathrooms and new club house. They already have a few full timers here. We have been here for the past month and plan to return in September.

http://twinelmranch.net/rvresort.htm

Back
Top Bottom