Where to visit in the USA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I would plan on traveling I-70 in January.  I-40 is much more winter friendly than I-70 and the grades arn't as steep.

I don't think I would plan on traveling I-70 in January.  I-40 is much more winter friendly than I-70 and the grades arn't as steep

I have round tripped I-70 three times, two in January going to Aspen.  Winter friendliness is not a concept I would associate with the highway -- and I have driven Fairbanks, Alaskan winters.  I-40 is bound to be better but that is a relative term.  Flagstaff AZ is infamous for snow in the winter and run from Flagstaff to the River can be "interesting".

You might gather that I am an I-10 fan.

You might gather that I am an I-10 fan.

It would be a lot easier to divert to I-10 from I-40 should the weather go bad.  I think there is less chance of bad weather on I-40 than
I-70.  Winter time I-10 does have its benefits even if it is probably one of the most boring routes to travel. ;D ;D

Albslb2 said:
After all the traveling someone in the UK or another country in Europe can travel can do there, they would be completely absorbed by the physical size of the good ole USA.

;) I think I mentioned on another thread that I had toured with Hourok (spelling?) presentations back in 1969. We visitied 19 different places from New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Atlanta, Houston, San Antonio, San Diego, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Boston. I cannot now remember them all. But we saw quite a bit and I do realise how little we did see. This time I have my wife Sandy with me and we have a total of only 3 months to tour. We are currently touring Florida while waiting for our Montana Title and Tags using our friends dealer plates. We set off from Longwood, Orlando and went over to Cape Canaveral. Drove down the I1A all the way to Alligator Alley then over to the West coast. We have just finished the I41 and have joined the Flying 'J' at the I4/I75 junction. We will then head into Orlando ready for our journey North possibly taking in Colorado and Las Vegas on our way to California for Christmas. Wish us luck.  ;)

Amen JohnSandy  This is such a beautiful and vast country, anyone in the European countries traveling here would be more astonished thean we.  I've been traveling the Southeast alone for over 40 yrs and still amazed at the new things to see. Likewise for the Midwest and 70 yrs of traveling it. The west and southwest is just so huge that no way can it be absorbed in such a short period of time.  That's why I suggested to find out out the UK'ens would like to see and then try to help them decide.  All of our suggestions are great but not practical unless we know their likes and dislikes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom