Where were you 50 years ago? (Apollo 11)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peggyy said:
Thaat was a lonnnng time ago!  I am sure i watched with my parents since i was 16 at that time!

I barely remember what I was doing last week never mind 50 years ago. Although I do remember being in  place I didn't want to be 50 years ago.

I was 13 and like several others here, very interested in teenage girls.  I do remember watching it on TV but don't recall where I was at the time.

I was almost 6 and at home in Scotland watching it on our first rented TV, rented especially for the occasion.  I had been in trouble during the day and was almost sent to bed early.  Luckily my mum knew how monumental it was so I got to stay up!

I don't want to think of 50 years ago, it was the worst time in my life. Two weeks before Apollo 11 my dad died of a heart attack. Kinda ruined my fourth of July. Then a few weeks after Apollo 11 I got the worst news of my life. My doctor told me that since my dad died at age 50 that I would die at age 50. So I lived most of my adult life never planning for old age. At age 55 I decided that the doctor was probably wrong. I would have done things very differently if I had not been told death was certain. My doctor did die of a heart attack a few years later.  :-\

Rene T said:
:eek: ::) :-[ :-\ :'( ;D ;D ;D
And she hasn't changed. 
HueyPilotVN said:
Imagine that, Jackie causing trouble at age 6.  She was probably pulling Steve's hair.

You know that I just had to say that.  LOL

Pair of comedians....    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was 17 years old, just graduated from high school and watched it with my parents and 2 younger brothers on our old black and white tv.

17 years old, at girlfriend's house watching the event on their color tv. 

Would rather have been necking with said girlfriend but her father (lieutenant commander) was in the room.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom