Where's that rattling sound coming from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet S

I'll admit it. I'm a little OCD, and things jiggling in the car can get to me. I've already decided I'll have to learn to Let This Go (a bit!) in the RV. But, if you're headin' down the road and that noise starts getting on your nerves, where's the first place you'll look, presuming that no one in is riding in the back to give you a heads up?
I ask, because one poster with a Trend like I'm getting, found the culprit to be a metal clamp fixture of sorts found behind his microwave after taking it out of the wall! (I surely won't forget that!)

I'm guessing that most (?) rattly sounds come from the galley? Something stored is moving around a bit? But I'm sure noises can come from *anywhere*, so are there places where I could try to prevent excess noise in the first place? Thank you! (And my human travel companions will thank you!)  ::'

RVs are a breeding ground for squeeks ansd rattles. Some are worse than others but they all have them. Just pinpointing the cause can often be difficult. There are lots of tricks to quieting them - padding drawers, oiling hinges, wrapping rags or towels around pots and pans etc. The best way I know of to find them is to have someone ride in the area where they're occurring and hunt them down. Or you could do what my brother did - buy a trailer instead of a motorhome. He doesn't hear anything back there. :D

Kev

I found bracing underneath that had never been screwed down (holes in brace but no holes in panels) control cables slapping against the frame, body panel facing not glued to panel, generator exhaust/hanger and had to put pieces of vinyl hose between cabinet handles for rattles. foam under plates and silverware wrapped in cloth. Everything rattles especially in a DP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom