Which brand of 5th wheel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pdunaway

Owned my 25ft travel trailer for 3 years now, and have been living in it for past 4 months.  I want to upgrade to a 5th wheel but not sure what brand to go with.  Any opinions on brand?

If you will use it full time, you do not want an inexpensive entry level FW designed for occasional summer use.  Brand is not that important, but model within a line IS important.

You did not say if you intend to tow this FW or not, nor what your tow vehicle is.  That makes a big difference on what is recommended, too.

Where do you live?  Cold climate or warm?

What is your budget?

Please provide a bit more information so we can better answer your question.

Budget, floorplan, desired options, and condition (not necessarily in that order) are more important factors than year/make/model in most cases.  Do you plan to continue living in it full time? 

Arctic Fox 5th wheels are generally received very well on a couple other forums I'm on, just started posting to this site. I think you will be happy with your choice.

we live in a Jayco North Point been living in it for 7 months now.We love it .We live in NC ,not real coild but have had 7 inches of snow and 6 days below freezing,came through that great. Roof and floor r38 insulation walls have r11,heated and enclosed underbelly. Last summer had many days 96 degrees to 100 degrees,no shade inside temps were  74 degrees,just fine for us.hope this helps

We live in Utah, are planning on living full time and needed an all weather for very cold winters and are going with Grand Design. They are built very well, all weather and just well thought out floor plans.

I agree with the previous post about Grand Design 5th wheels. The company is making a name for themselves on their terrific customer service. There is a Grand Design Owners forum on the web and also an informative Face Book page for anyone interested in Grand Design products. They were purchased by Winnebago last fall but management has stayed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merlee&drebug
Back
Top Bottom