Which Motorhomes have the simplest floor plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hankhill

All I need is a bed a stove a fridge a heater a shower and toilet
I don't need tables or a lot of sofas and stuff
I can spend up to 10k and something 20 yrs old is good

Thanks

The most important thing at that vintage and price-point is what actual condition its in right now. Has it been cared for and maintained over the years? Or, just left in someone's back yard.

Looking for water damage, rust and ensuring general maintenance upkeep on all vital components (engine, chassis, generator, etc.) will be more important that the amenities inside. You can always change those to your liking and budget.

I'd also keep some money aside for repairs (both to get you initially road-worthy, as well as for the inevitable needs further down the line).

Floorplans of that vintage don't vary too widely; there are pretty much only a handful as you'll see as you start looking around. Definitely make overall condition your first priority, then everything else behind it.

Best of luck to you in your search!

sounds like your looking for a VW campervan like a westfaila or such.

might also google the bmw Vixen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_(RV)

I don't think he will find a shower in a Westfalia.  ;D

Most any 20 year old Class C will likely have what he wants with no frills. Especially in the 20-22 foot size range. Larger rigs have more room, then fill it up with sofa & chairs.

Hank,

You might want to talk to Seilerbird about this. He drives an older unit that he striped a bunch of furniture out of to fit his needs. I know that he searched high and low until he got a great deal. He may just have a few pointers for you.

Steve

Thanks
I like airstream for the quality or some of those homemade RVs
AS has an open floorplan but it has no shower or toilet
How do I find Seilerbird?

Thanks SeilerBird

What kind of motorhome did you end up getting and do you have pics of it in it's current condition?
Thanks
You send them to my email or post them here or whatever

Why did you choose the challenger?
How much did you pay?
Let me know if you want to sell
Thanks

I choose the Challenger because it was the length I wanted. It was a good price, $6500. It had most all of the furniture removed. I am sitting in a repair shop right now trying to get a minor issue resolved. I am planning on saving up to get a longer RV, I need more space in the kitchen. But that is at least a year away. It took me four months of shopping to find this one.

We took out our dinette and turned the seats to form a couch behind the driver seat.

Removing stuff isn't all that hard if you want more open space. That one change gave us 7.5 sq. ft. of floor which suits us just fine for now. Future plans call for a rig a few feet longer to allow for more bedroom space since we can't change that in this one. Till then we are just gonna enjoy what we have.

Back
Top Bottom