Which trailers are easy to tow but still accommodates two people, and a shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are, but our tent trailer camping days are long behind us.... We hauled 4 Kids, sometimes 5, and a big dog with an all canvas tent trailer from Montreal to PEI to Cape May NJ and many many spots in between over quite a few years!!! The Coleman lantern worked overtime taking off the dampness and chills on occasion!!! (The tent trailer had no water/electric/propane hook ups at all). 

Memories...... !!

Today, we complain when the permanently installed 5th wheel's air conditioner does not do it's job while down in Florida!!!

Ours was toasty warm down to about 40 outside temperature. The propane is not the problem, the battery time is. Plugged in, you are golden. No dew inside!
Boondocking, you only get about a day of hard furnace time on a brand new battery. Get a 1000 Honda to charge it up and you are golden once again. I had two tanks up front and I never ran one out on a weekend outing.

We've had our TT for a week now and been camping for the last few days. We are 2adults and own a used Jay Feather sport 165.  We tow with a jeep liberty which can only pull up to 5000lbs. This camper is about 2600 lbs  empty. It can sleep 4 people and has a toilet and small tub shower. The lower bunk is a small double which we slept on. Has all we need.

Check out the Chalet Takena models.  They're the guys who make the A-liner, just branched out into travel trailers designed to be towed behind an SUV.  We have a 2265 and love it.  They're VERY light weight, I can tow with my Dodge Magnum station wagon (although "wet" I'm kinda pushing it).

We came from a popup with shower (a '96 Dutchmen).  The shower was actually roomier than the Takena because it's a "wet" bath.  Setup was a royal pain, especially when we like to hit a site for a couple of nights and then move on.  Storage is minimal and you do a lot of unloading and transferring stuff to/from the tow vehicle.  Gas mileage was pretty great though!  I actually kinda miss the cassette toilet, much easier to deal with than the black tank and easily lasted 4-5 days.

The Trailmanors are deceptively heavy.  Check the trailmanor forum, most people will say the listed dry weight is very "optimistic".

Check out the Chalet Takena models.  They're the guys who make the A-liner...
Unless there's been a recent change that I've not heard about, Chalet and A-Liner are competitors, making small trailers of similar configuration.

The Trailmanors are deceptively heavy.  Check the trailmanor forum, most people will say the listed dry weight is very "optimistic".
Deceptive? A rather loaded term. The dry weight was likely correct with no options, but few shipped that way. However, dry weight shouldn't be a factor when figuring how much you would be towing. You really want to use max weight. That being said, the Trailmanor 2720SL I used to have listed dry weight as 2865, and I estimated it was a couple of hundred higher, but towing weight (food, clothing, pots and pans, water, etc. etc.) was close to 4,000 lbs. It was a good trailer, with a lot of room for its towing size, and it towed rather well -- other than slower acceleration, I hardly knew it was back there, even towing with a 2003 Sport Trac.

You might note that the Chalet I checked out prior to buying the Trailmanor was around 2,000 empty with a LOT less room and no bathroom/shower -- I don't recall the max on it, though.

You're correct, they don't make the A-liner.  Got mixed up...

By "deceptive" I didn't mean to imply that Trailmanor was being deceptive with their practices, just that when you look at a folding Trailmanor you expect it to be light like a popup, when the weight is closer to full size trailer.  Listing the dry weight without any options is pretty standard.

R-pods might haul a shower inside of it.  Check it out.  There are lots of RV dealers who would be willing to tour one for you.  Or peruse online. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom