Who felt the earthquake this morning? 8/9/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziplock

News brief:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north-carolina-virginia-rocked-by-most-powerful-earthquake-in-region-since-1916/ar-BB17KQLI?ocid=ientp

ziplock said:
News brief:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north-carolina-virginia-rocked-by-most-powerful-earthquake-in-region-since-1916/ar-BB17KQLI?ocid=ientp

We are about 30 miles south west of Knoxville, TN and we felt it this morning.  Nothing scary and certainly not enough to run out of the house....but it was felt.

My Granddaughter lives just south of Raleigh and said she didn't feel it, but may have been asleep. She said some of her friends said they felt it.

I'm confused.  The OP wrote it on the 9th, today is the 10th, what does 8-11-20 have to do with anything?

I'm about 270 miles from the epicenter. Just a little shaking I barely noticed. Sounded like a dump truck driving down the road.

Northern California just had a big 6.4 earthquake this morning...

Since 1995 living in Colorado, previously lived in Northern California and before that Southern California. Been through two major earthquakes in 1971 and 1989 where our power was out for several days. Hopefully, these folks get the help they need quickly.

Last edited:

I thought the dog was bouncing around in the bed. It felt like someone was pushing on the side of the bus to make it rock. I didn't know until that evening when my daughter got off from work. She didn't even realize it was a quake. She said she felt nothing in the building she was in. As you can see, it was not big news.

I used to live in a county that was on a minor fault line. Most of the time, the only reason we knew there had been a tremor was because the Coweeta Hydrologic Lab would say something about the stronger ones. Most of the area didn't even realize the county was on or near a fault line until the county commissioners got the brilliant idea that the county, which depended heavily on tourism, would be the idea place for a nuclear storage dump. Coweeta Lab was very vocal about their opposition and that's when we found out just how many little and larger tremors the county experienced in an average year. Which put an end to the county commissioners lining their pockets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom