WHO HAS SIGNED UP FOR THE JANUARY 11-15, 2012 FMCA RALLY AT INDIO?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The final day of the FMCA Indio  Rally turned a bit cooler. But last minute purchases were made, seminars attended,  ice cream given out free and  we met again for Happy Hour.  We heard that this rally had a bug.  Many of the participants ( 1300 rigs)  were stricken very ill, transported to hospitals with  icky symptoms.  Most of our group stayed healthy but a few did miss  Happy Hour with symptoms.  We wish them well and a quick recovery.

I don't think any of the RVForum participants  purchased a new rig but  several did eye ones they would like  to own one day.  Big batteries may have been the winning purchase with water filters and accessories a distant second place in terms of dollars spent. The Jazz entertainment and comedian were the best!  Laughed so hard I have tightened stomach muscles.  Jazz  instruments led me to  think I was in New Orleans.  Fine  entertainment. None of our group left early!

Today I attended a local Zumba class and about died  of exhaustion.  Used lots of water for a shower and head washing.  What a work out. 
In the morning we all  head out  for different  directions but  most roads will lead to Quartzsite.  Terry and I will dry camp at Peg Legs in Anza Borrego and  take in some hiking and  tour the new metal sculptures. Life is good.

As usually Indio was a great rally. Attendance here has held up better than the National. Over 1300 family coaches.

I know Indio has had over 1800 in the past, but 1300 is a small drop compared to the National going from 8000 and 6000 down to 2000 at some rallies ( National often lists total coaches that includes over a 100 show coaches).

Of course getting together with forum friends always adds to the enjoyment.

ken

Ken and Sheila,

Sorry we missed saying goodbye this morning.  See you along the way somewhere!

ArdraF

Sorry we missed saying goodbye to most also. However, Shirley and Rolf wound up using the space next to us to dump and helped us after my sewer extension hose turned into a shower. So we did get a chance to say goodbye to them.

BernieD said:
next to us to dump and helped us after my sewer extension hose turned into a shower.

Care to elaborate on this potential black water discussion?  :) ;)

Betty

Betty,

I was a witness to this one.  :p  I believe Bernie had what is known in the waste water industry as an "equipment malfunction".  ;D  I don't know what it is but strange things seem to happen to Bernie when he tries to leave Indio in a rush.  (And what a rush it was this time!)  ;)   

Betty Brewer said:
Care to elaborate on this potential black water discussion?  :) ;)

Pulled the valve, saw 3 little fountains spurting from the extension, closed the valve. :'( :-X

Rolf, we really weren't trying to leave in a rush, we had all day since we were just headed to QZ. But as you said, an equipment malfunction, hadn't used the extension in quite a while. I think I am just jinxed leaving Indio and this year was a jinx right from the get go. :eek:

Rolf, we really weren't trying to leave in a rush, we had all day since we were just headed to QZ.......

Bernie,

I know, the rush I was referring to was the sound of the sewage flowing through your sewer hose and your reaction to shut off the black tank valve once you discovered the equipment malfunction.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom