Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pigman

We are currently on our second 4 day camp out a State Park with water, power and TV!  Pic here: http://www.tpigman.com/TT/46.JPG 

My question for the day is why our new 2010 KZ has the TV and antenna connection in the rear of the TT, in the ceiling, over the bathroom door.  I just don't get it.  We end up having to run a longer antenna cable to either put the TV on the kitchen table or stove top.  Another weird thing is no lighting behind us when we lay in bed.

I was thinking of putting a set of those battery powered lights so we can read books.  Everything else in the Sportsman is ok.  I know I would have more luxory in a more expensive rig ..  But I think I can customize this rig to meet the needs.

This pic http://www.tpigman.com/TT/14.JPG you can not only see our 25 pound kitten .. but how there is no lights behind our pillows and a AC socket above that board over the bed.

Wonder why or what you would plug into that socket?

At least I have network connectivity this time via my AT&T USB air card.

Why?

Why don't you use a more descriptive subject line?

More people with knowledge of the subject might give you an answer.

seilerbird said:
Why?

Why don't you use a more descriptive subject line?

More people with knowledge of the subject might give you an answer.

Sorry Tom ...    do you have any info on my question?  I post in newcomers corner because I don't know all the "rules"....  Hard to tell if you are being helpful or just being nick picky . LOL

It just takes a second to click on my post and decide if you can help or not.  If I post in the more specific topic areas I will make sure I use a more descriptive topic title.  Thanks for taking the time to post your response.    I see a few subject lines that state "I have strange question" or "This is weird" ...  If my lack of specifics offend you, I apologize.

;D

pigman said:
Sorry Tom ...    do you have any info on my question?  I post in newcomers corner because I don't know all the "rules"....  Hard to tell if you are being helpful or just being nick picky . LOL

It just takes a second to click on my post and decide if you can help or not.  If I post in the more specific topic areas I will make sure I use a more descriptive topic title.  Thanks for taking the time to post your response.    I see a few subject lines that state "I have strange question" or "This is weird" ...  If my lack of specifics offend you, I apologize.

;D

I am not being picky, I am trying to help you. It is just that if you use a descriptive subject line then people are more likely to click on your thread if they have something to contribute. And people searching the forum for a question like yours are more likely to find this discussion.

I don't know why they put the outlet above your cat. Might be a good spot for putting your electrical chargers. I don't know why they put the antenna connection in the roof over the bathroom door. As a retired electrician my only response would be using less wire saves money.

I realize you are a newcomer but you would probably have better luck if this thread were posted in the Tech Talk section.

The threads that state I have a strange question or this is weird also suffer from the same fate. A lot of us come in here and scan the threads and only click on the ones that spark our interest. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, I was in a hurry.

No problem .. and of course you are right.  Being a newbie .. I just didn't want to offend anyone.  Ya the AC plug over the bed could indeed be used for charging stuff .. I never thought of that .. makes sense .. course my cat likes to lay up there ...  We are a bit un happy at the moment as our 4th is cold and rainy ..  wanted warm and sunny .. but we get what we get.

Happy trails my friend..

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.  But welcome to the forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people who frequent the forum and before long I'm sure you will get an answer.
    Don't take offense with Tom's remarks, he means well, but at times doesn't realize that he can be abrupt without meaning to.  With the volumes of posts, a descriptive title will help you get answers, plus as a string grows it helps people remember what the subject is.  In any event, no harm - no foul.  As you frequent the forum you will get a better feel for the nuances of the group, but the bottom line is that we are all here because we enjoy RVing and will help when we can.

Ed

I don't know why either, but I amended the subject line to be a bit more descriptive.

RV manufacturers, especially the less expensive models, often do things strictly for convenience in manufacturing. You sometimes have to wonder if they used any common sense at all.  Is the antenna right overhead, so that is where they left the wiring?  I gather yours did not come with a tv as standard, so you are kind of at their mercy.

RV Roamer said:
I don't know why either, but I amended the subject line to be a bit more descriptive.

RV manufacturers, especially the less expensive models, often do things strictly for convenience in manufacturing. You sometimes have to wonder if they used any common sense at all.  Is the antenna right overhead, so that is where they left the wiring?  I gather yours did not come with a tv as standard, so you are kind of at their mercy.

Thanks to all .. what is weird is that the TV antenna is actually mounted in the middle of the TT, right side, over the door.  The connection is in the ceiling, over the bathroom door, in the middle of the TT.  And yup .. it has to be for convenience of the manufacturer.      I can remove the cover of the connection (which also has a 12 vdc female connector) and get to all the wires.  From there, I can open the cupboard door and cut a hole inside the cupboard ceiling and pull the wires through there ..    I just have to be careful not to damage anything. 

I have the skill set to do this ... I just didn't want to do it.  You gave me the best answer to my question though and I thank you for it.    Sorry if I also came across in a non friendly manner .. I ran my own forum for about 8 years and understand how people type something in one way and others read it in another.  I thought I heard that over 50% of our personal communications are non-verbal .. I.E.    facial expressions, tone of voice .. etc .. emoticons can help .. but often we just need to add to our comments ... like we did in this thread.

The sky is clearing here and I have finally had to turn the A/C on .... so happiness has returned!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Howdy, Pigman.
The photo of your trailer with the lake in the background - looks like a very pretty area. What state park are you in?

Catch any fish?

Happy 4th,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Pigman.
The photo of your trailer with the lake in the background - looks like a very pretty area. What state park are you in?

Catch any fish?

Happy 4th,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Well I left my boat at home this weekend due to the excessive amount of folks out here this weekend...  so no fishing this time.  What you are looking at is the Spokane River and it runs through Riverside State Park.  Here are a few more pics from my web site ..  http://www.tpigman.com/TT/Page.html

I think the outlet on top is just in case you want to put something powered up there, like a stereo.  I like the look of the cat up there, though.

You could mount reading there lamps and run the plugs to that outlet.

I'd be talking with your dealer!

I have a KZ Spree 240 BHS and my antenae is near the front of the trailer and the cable jacks are near the main bed and over the fridge. The antenae crank is dead centre of the trailer but I can't see that being a problem. But the connections are in far more reasonable a position than what you are describing.

We also have individual lights on both sides of our main bed and one light for each of the bunks as well.

In the first picture you can actually see the outlet and the cable jack in the left side mirror. You can see the lights over our bed as well. You can actually see the antenae crank too!

In the second picture you can see the shelf over the fridge where the electrical outlet and the cable jack is as well.

What model do you have?

Maybe KZ was having a bad day?

Mike

Attachments

• 9024_148617336321_649246321_3379573_637419_n.jpg
    9024_148617336321_649246321_3379573_637419_n.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 9024_148617351321_649246321_3379575_798007_n.jpg
    9024_148617351321_649246321_3379575_798007_n.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Forum statistics