Width of Coachmen Leprechaun 319 with slides extended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMS

Good morning all. I have lurked here for a couple of years and have gleaned a great deal of info from all the experience that inhabits this forum. I am very grateful for all the knowledge here.

We are in the process of buying a Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB (should get it sometime around Feb-March). We would like to put in a carport (RV port) to help protect it from the elements. My question is: how wide is the unit with the slides extended? The specs list it's width as 102 inches, but I have not been able to find any specs on the slide depth. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I can't tell you about that one, but the slides I've seen on coaches range from about 1.5 to about 3 feet. If you're planning a carport, I'd suggest figuring that 102 inches (8.5 feet) plus six for the slides, plus a bit of additional space for access to the sides of the rig. Make it bigger than just for your coach, since you may change to one that is bigger in the future, and removing/rebuilding the carport would be a pain (plus expensive). Don't forget that 13' 6" is the typical max on a coach, and you'll want additional height so you can get on the roof, if needed, without driving out from under. You might consider extra length, too.

Just a cautionary note: A guy down the street built a very nice garage for his Monaco Knight. Trouble is, he didn't allow extra clearance for mirrors or extra height for the sloping, short driveway, therefore his rig didn't fit, and it's still parked outside over a year later.

Few, if any, Class C's like the Leprechaun have opposing 3 ft slides, so my guess is lower than Larry's.  The 319MB has slides on just one side, so an additional 2 ft. will allow them to open.  Maybe not enough to walk around, though, if adjacent to a wall. If you need working space, make it at least 4 ft extra.

Be aware that the 102" width does not include side mirrors or awnings either - it's the base body width only.

Thanks kdbgoat!

The point about the mirror width is well taken. Thanks.

With my awning in, and the slide out, I measured 10' 7". That's from the outside edge of the awning to the outside edge of the slide topper.

Back
Top Bottom