Wife's Heart Surgery.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank Hurst

The wife had 4 bypasses on 9/24/2014 and everything seemed to going great until this past Friday morning. Woke up Friday with chest pain and shortness of breath. Rushed her to the emergency room in Sevierville, TN.  Test showed irregular EKG, increasing heart enzymes, increated heart rate and low hematocrit. Also had CT done of chest. Was transferred to Parkwest in Knoxville, TN on Sunday. Doctors were concerned about doing stint because of anemia. Did  heart cauterization at noon today and 3 of the 4 bypasses were blocked. She was told that she would have to have surgery to redo blocked arteries.  Talked with surgeon at 3:30 pm and he was against surgery and wanted to consult with hematologist as to why arteries blocked so soon and wanted to consult with cardiologist about splints. Still waiting.

Frank, I'm not a prayer guy. But I wish only the best to you and your wife.

Ken

Can in this morning and drew 17 vials of blood for testing. Are starting to do some IV contrast gastric studies and a barium swallow for gastric studies. We are still going through a roller-coaster ride. Trusting the doctors to find the cause and to be able to treat her successfully. Trusting God for His guidance. 

Frank

Our prayers are with you both.

I understand what you are going through.
The wife had an Aortic Valve replacement
a year ago. They are now checking her
pacemaker monthly, for need of replacement
because the surgeon damaged the wires to the heart.

You are putting your trust in the right place by trusting the Lord.

I wish the best for you and your wife. Stay positive friend, and trust that everything will turn out just fine

They sound like they are doing the right things.  My thoughts and prayers are with you two.  John

Good news and not so good news. Hematologist told us today that one thing that could cause a blood clotting problem was cancer for the liver and/or cancer of the pancreas. They found no signs of cancer.  Bad news is that they can not do by-pass surgery again and where the blocks are located they can not place stints. Trying to place splints would block the other side of the bifurcated (Y) vessels and would cause another heart attack and would kill her. Right now we are looking at medical treatments only. They have not given us any time table at this time.

Frank

After seeing 8 doctors in six days, 3 CT, about 30 blood test and a heart cauterization my wife was released from the hospital Thursday afternoon. 3 of her 4 by passes have blocked. Could not do surgery or place stints. They have sent her home with some 12 - 14 medications to stabilize her heart and keep her blood flowing. She is spending some time with our daughter in Sevierville, TN before hoping to return to our home in Alabama next week. She has done real well for the past 3 days. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.  :)

Glad to hear she's doing well. Our prayers will continue.

-Trevor & Roni

Back
Top Bottom