WiFi can?t connect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpencerPJ said:
Keep in mind, easy to get carried away on the iPad and start sucking the data limits from a cellular plan.

:))  Figure roughly 1GB/hr for streaming  :eek:

Why not just use your phone as a hotspot?  Look at the WiFi settings on your iPhone.  If you see a line there that says ?Hotspot? all you have to do is turn it on.  (You May want to set up a network password)

If you don?t see it there you may not have it included in your data plan, there might be a fee to enable it.

They admit it is spotty coverage so I?m sure that?s the problem. 
It's NOT a coverage issue - your phone did connect to the wireless network. That network, though, is not offering internet as a service.
Many people think "wifi" is synonymous with "internet", but that is not the case.  A network is a group of computers and devices that connect together so they can share services and data. If one of those computers has an internet connection, it can share it with others computers so all can have access.  However, the network your iphone connected to says it has "no internet". You can't get what is not there.  The question here is why is there no internet available on the network? The advertising leads you to believe it should be there, but its not.

SeilerBird said:
That is not what is described in this article

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-restart-iphone-or-ipad-3662903/#targetText=Hold%20down%20the%20Home%20button,device%20complete%20its%20start%20sequence

The article you pointed me to says exactly what I said in the ?restarting an iPad or iPhone? .

It said something else further down.

Simply restarting hardly ever fixes a network problem. It leave many things in memory

Force Restart/hard reset/Hard boot has a better success rate. It clears memory and more importantly hardware state information -including network states.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2018/06/how-hard-reset-ipad.html

Goodness,did not expect so much interest.  Checked my phone near the camp store, no issue.  I think I was literally right below the transmitter.

gees,

where the heck are you?  Smiling here!

Another Maryland  friend reading your thread and waving. :D

Checked my phone near the camp store, no issue.  I think I was literally right below the transmitter.
That suggests your other location is on an extender or "bridge" wifi router and for some reason that one either has no IP addresses available for use or it lost contact with the base system (where you connected in the office).  The secondary router probably lost its connection to the main system, which is where the internet connection would likely be located.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom