Will I damage my truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That 20" is the diameter of the rim, the outside diameter of the tire is not a lot more than a 16" rim's tire.
Shorter sidewalls greatly reduce sidewall sway and heat buildup as a result of sidewall flexation.
Balloon tires were invented back when springs and shocks were not refined enough to improve ride in the vehicle. Now the industry has evolved full-circle and returned to bigger rims and shorter sidewalls, taking advantage of vastly improved suspension designs.
Compare the sidewall height of a 20" tire today with a 16" tire; there isn't a lot of difference in diameter.https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Thank you all for your responses. Appreciate all the insight. I will not be buying this trailer!
My response along with others is nope. Dear Husband and I have been there and tried that. Our final decision was to buy a used 3500 RAM and not worry about it.

I recently was asking the same question and did my research. Ultimately bought a 3/4T ford with 7.3l gas. Years ago I had a 28' TT I pulled with a 1/2t conversion van. It was doable but swayed every time a truck passed and felt squirrely above 65 mph. Changed to a 3/4t crew cab diesel and had no sway, no need for equalizer hitch, and it felt like I could've gone 80mph with it. that was my lesson on avoiding a marginal tow vehicle.
100%! Currently have a 7.3 F-250 and tow around 55% of capacity - a ton of margin (actually several tons 😉) and practically stress free driving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom