Wind Chimes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene T said:
I went to Dunoon Scotland years ago for work and while there, they had their annual Cowell Games. One of the events was the bagpipe band competition. I think there were 100 bands there. I heard bagpipes all weekend long and all hours of the night. Scotts love their laga. Our hotel was right downtown. At the end of the competition all the bands march into this huge infield playing the same song all together at the same time. I hope I never hear another bag pipe. Just kidding. But it was interesting. ONE TIME!!!
lol...

jackiemac said:
Sounds like I will need to leave my bagpipe practice until I get home.....    ;D ;D ;D ;D

we thought you might be full of hot air and now you confirmed .  lol

Thank you for the enlightenment.  We will have our Wind Chime with us, but will only use it when we are boondocking, have the campground to ourselves or it we notice all around us have Wind Chimes as well...?.for the record I would enjoy the bagpipes if played well, hate when people don't control their dogs or children and truly appreciate quiet hours.

I hate wind chimes with a passion. A bunch of scrap flapping in the winds is everything but nice. I cant understand why peoples think that others like to listen to their noise . If you are supposed to limit your music to your site or to keep your dogs from barking tell me what is so different with a bunch of pipes ramming in each other in a disorganized fashion .... like one said before, hang one in your living room and listen to it at your will , ill be happy with the bird signing and the wind blowing in the trees

Baveux1959 said:
I hate wind chimes with a passion. A bunch of scrap flapping in the winds is everything but nice. I cant understand why peoples think that others like to listen to their noise . If you are supposed to limit your music to your site or to keep your dogs from barking tell me what is so different with a bunch of pipes ramming in each other in a disorganized fashion .... like one said before, hang one in your living room and listen to it at your will , ill be happy with the bird signing and the wind blowing in the trees

Your description reminds me a lot of the songs we are hearing today - scrap flapping in the wind but using instruments and not just plain scrap.  Normally I can take or leave wind chimes unless they are constant and close.

Bill

I would much rather hear wind chimes than barking dogs, screaming drunks and temper tantrum children.

I've been in plenty of camps where others had wind chimes.

So many folks are hermetically sealed up inside engrossed in wifi or TV with the AC running that I can't imagine how they could even hear a wind chime.

Many wind chimes don't even carry the noise more than a few feet, so it depends on how crowded the camp is and how loud the windchimes are.

Not once have I run into a rule in a camp against wind chimes.

Speaking of noise...
Any diesel RV or diesel pickup truck is going to make a heck of a ruckus that will drown out conversation at normal volume outside and they are not included with the quiet hours noise.

I think it's more of a check your surroundings and make a judgement call. If it's blustery at night, one can always bring the wind chimes inside at the quiet hours.
https://windchimesguide.com/reviews/corinthian-bells-44-inch-wind-chime-review/
;D

So there you have it, lots of info to think about.
What are some innovative and creative ways that wind chimes have been incorporated into art and design? From public installations to indoor décor, how have artists and designers utilized the natural beauty and soothing sound of wind chimes to enhance their creative vision and bring a unique touch to their work?

Now you?ve done it. I?m going to track you down and camp right next you and blare NPR, build a huge bonfire and leave my grandkids Pomeranian tied up outside all night (that dog is cute but has this irritating yap, yap, yap that he refuses to stop unless you catch him and hold his snout closed). ;)
So your that guy!? I’ll park next to you, set up my speakers and blare ‘The Best of Rush’, and Michael Savage podcasts, and raise my Gaston Flag. While wearing my QAnon hat, and t-shirt.

Parks are full of 'em anyways, and I just mutter under my breath, nobody is treading on you, sweetie...

Wind chimes are great - on the s&b. We leave ours at home.

What are some innovative and creative ways that wind chimes have been incorporated into art and design? From public installations to indoor décor, how have artists and designers utilized the natural beauty and soothing sound of wind chimes to enhance their creative vision and bring a unique touch to their work?
A friend of mine did a noise based project for his Master's Degree in urban planning. Not exactly wind chimes but similar. He analyzed the traffic & background noise at his house & built a fountain that poured water onto a steel drum like plate that was tuned to complimentary tones. It was very effective at masking the noise of the city.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
time window
Back
Top Bottom