Window missing vent, can you identify this part??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not call Fleetwood. Since it's new or nearly new coach, they'll probably ship you one free.

Chris,

That part is a cover for the window weep holes. They fall off sometimes. I'd try contacting Fleetwood, as Tom suggested, or the window manufacturer.

The previous responder is correct in that they cover the weep holes on the front side windows.  They are there to prevent whistling when you are driving.  You will note that they are closed on the leading edge.  Good luck on trying to find a replacement.

Please do tell us if and where you find those.  We don't have covers on our weep holes and they're the biggest source of wind noise.

Ned said:
Please do tell us if and where you find those.  We don't have covers on our weep holes and they're the biggest source of wind noise.

If its a Fleetwood product try Sullivans RV in Decatur, Indiana. They have bins a miscellaneous parts in that monster warehouse of theirs. When I was last there I needed some plastic catches for the lower cabinet doors on my 93 Pace that open horizontally, they sold me 5 of them.

Woody

Woody,

I'm betting it's a window manufacturer part but Sullivan's just might have it. Nothing like a well stocked place like Sullivan's. :)

Jim Dick said:
Woody,

I'm betting it's a window manufacturer part but Sullivan's just might have it. Nothing like a well stocked place like Sullivan's. :)

Very good chance Sullivan's would have it.  Anther place might be the salvage place in Shipshewana Indiana

Ron said:
Very good chance Sullivan's would have it.  Anther place might be the salvage place in Shipshewana Indiana

Ron,

Shipshewanna came to mind as well. Also I believe there is another place somewhere around Elkhart.

There's a used parts place in Decatur too, at least there was a couple of years ago. I don't recall the name right now but it is on the highway from I69 almost into town.

Woody

Ned said:

There's always the tried & true solution -- duct tape.  ;D

But duct tape wouldn't allow the drains to do their job  ???

Not tape, that would prevent the weep holes from working and allow water to build up.  I did think of that, but immediately thought better of it :)

Ned said:
Not tape, that would prevent the weep holes from working and allow water to build up.  I did think of that, but immediately thought better of it :)
If you taped all the length but a half-inch or so, that might cut down on wind noise and still allow draining.

Maybe those are, but ours aren't.  Or the cover could be one size fits all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom