Winegard Rayzar:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goat, good stuff..  thanks..  I have the crank up but yet to check it out so looks like I'll get the chance soon.
When using the crank up, I think I remember seeing "air" as a choice on my little 19" Samsung TV.  So that would
be the choice to select with the crank up right?  I did try it here but didn't get anything...  I'll have to play around with it..

Yes, "air" means broadcast tv via an antenna. The tuner works differently with "air" vs cable or satellite because the signal content is different, so the tv needs to know what type of signal decoding to use.

An RV crank-up antenna uses an amplifier, so make sure that is on when attempting to receive an OTA signal. It is usually built into a coax wall plate with an on/off switch, or maybe in a video source selection box, aka "BOMB" (Box Of Many Buttons). It is also a directional antenna, so you have to rotate it to get best signal.

Yes there is a toggle switch and a red pilot light in the coax wall plate..  I'll check it out..  thanks Gary

Attachments

• TV COAX INSIDE RIG 00466.jpg
    TV COAX INSIDE RIG 00466.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 10
The switch should be on and the LED lit for over the air antenna use. It not only turns on the power to the antenna amplifier, it also switches the TV connection from the cable input to the antenna.

Wow this should be interesting..  guess I've been pretty spoiled.  I didn't even know the factory antennas would turn..
To get going I'll be using this method to entertain myself when tV is needed...  I appreciate all the help..

Funny thread. I only have OTA TV when camping. Find myself watching The Andy Griffith Show in the middle of the night on MeTV! Or maybe some old episodes of The Rockford Files and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. I couldn't care less about sports. Check the current news on the phone, then lay that down.
Would rather spend time with family and friends at the campfire.
Well said, Gary...Different strokes for different folks.

denmarc said:
Funny thread. I only have OTA TV when camping. Find myself watching The Andy Griffith Show in the middle of the night on MeTV! Or maybe some old episodes of The Rockford Files and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. I couldn't care less about sports. Check the current news on the phone, then lay that down.
Would rather spend time with family and friends at the campfire.
Well said, Gary...Different strokes for different folks.

Turns out the park had issues with the Cable TV a couple weeks ago and it took me several days to notice.

WHY.. Well ME-TV (channel 3-2 out of Savannah) comes in over the air here.. I feed it from a Sensar III with Wingman to a Sensar Pro to a Matrix Switch (BOMB) to a Echostar (DISH) Digital TV converter, to a DVR to my TV.. And that is what I'm watching (Chips) as I type.

Alas.that' going to quit working Saturday night if I do not get a new compter.. My "Server" died. (it serves the program guide to the DVR's)

Back
Top Bottom