WINNEBAGE SIGHTSEER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam1121

I'M TRYING TO LOCATE THE FACTORY WATER FILTER ON MY 2011 MOTOR HOME.  IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE IT IS AND HOW TO REPLACE IT, PLEASE ADVISE.
THANK YOU
SG

Do you know that it has one?  If so, it should be in the water bay.  My 2010 has no onboard filter.

There was a small water filter on the input to the water pump on the 2006 Sightseer I had. That was the only water filter it had.

If you go here Plumbing Diagrams and select you year and model you can see where the filter should be (if there is one).  A spot check of the 35J diagram does show a filter.

ChasA said:
There was a small water filter on the input to the water pump on the 2006 Sightseer I had. That was the only water filter it had.
Ya, that is like a strainer more than a filter.  I forgot about that.  It is right at the intake of the pump.

Yeah, the thingie on the pump intake is a strainer to keep tank debris out of the pump. Not typically considered a "filter". There is also a strainer screen on the city inlet, but it isn't considered a filter either.

Some Winni's had a Full House water filter under the kitchen sink cabinet. From there it is connected to the ice maker (if equipped) and the drinking water outlet and included a shut off valve to enable changing the filter without shutting off the main supply.

Hey Stu, haven't heard from you in a while. The filter under the sink is one of those high dollar filters for the special sink water dispenser and the icemaker water supply.  Not a whole house filter.  Thanks for checking in here on the Winnie board, I always appreciate your comments.

John Canfield said:
Hey Stu, haven't heard from you in a while. The filter under the sink is one of those high dollar filters for the special sink water dispenser and the icemaker water supply.  Not a whole house filter.  Thanks for checking in here on the Winnie board, I always appreciate your comments.
Hello John

What I should have said was the type of filter was the same as the big "whole house" style of filter but only serves the drinking water spigot and ice maker (if so equipped). The Alfa Gold trailer I once owned was the same!! (Many features of the Winnibago's were "borrowed" for use in Alfa Golds.)    My bad!!!

(Currently stuck in the cold above the USA/Canada Boarder and missing our usual snowbird trip to Florida by car.)

Back
Top Bottom