Winnebago 2010 Grand National Rally (GNR) roll call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again. I did take some time to read the PDF regarding the rally. it stated you can only sine up for 2 tours but doesn't indicate how you designate #1 & #2. I also read about the handicapped area but I do want to be with the Michigan Winnies group. I think that if the "Tram" thingy runs on a regular basis that would be my option. 

codgerbill said:
I think that if the "Tram" thingy runs on a regular basis that would be my option.
The trams run continuously - not sure what time they start and stop but it seems like they are running practically all of the time.  You can also catch a shuttle to downtown FC if you want to eat at a restaurant or grocery shop at Bills.

As a first timer I was under the mistaken impression that we need to wait until we had confirmation , by mail, that or reservation had been received before we could make reservations for the various seminars/activities. I called and talked to Rosie  then Laura at the WIT club (phone numbers listed on page 5 of the GNR PDF. Rosie told me that the check had been received. She also mentioned that they would be mailing out the confirmations starting the first of May.  She had Laurie call me so that I could reserve spots for the various items we were interested in. I must say that they were very friendly and very helpful. My compliments to the staff people at WIT. I was also hopeing there would be a seminar on digital photography.....but alas no such luck

codgerbill said:
My compliments to the staff people at WIT. I was also hopeing there would be a seminar on digital photography.....but alas no such luck

They really do a super job - been at it a long time and they know what they're doing.

As I recall, all of the seminars are directly related to RVing - there were cooking seminars but they were focused on ovens/microwaves installed in Winnie units.

I'm really looking forward to another GNR - we had a great time a couple of years ago.  I'm looking forward to "The RV Forum" Winnebago gang getting together for a social.  Depending on how many of us there are, we might have a social hour at our coach, or get one of the tents for our gathering.

My wife and I are thinking about going. Can we get in at this late of a date.  What if we can only stay a few days?  Will it still be worth it?

I would be amazed if you couldn't get registered - no worries there.  It is probably a little late to sign up for some of the tours, especially the factory tours.  If you have never been to a GNR before, it is well worth your effort - just the seminars are worth the trip.

Bette and I will be in the Florida row (since we now own property in Zephyrhills). 8)

We couldn't make it last year - the WIT Alaska Caravan precluded that!  Stop by the Florida row and find some familiar faces.  We are looking forward to seeing you and Jane again.

Frank F.

We will be getting to the rally on Saturday and have some questions . We want some stickers replaced on our Sightseer and it is a 2003 . Do they keep these parts in stock or should we call now and have them ordered. We are in section D and have a small list of things to get done. Do they give you a estimate on the cost of the repairs during the rally or not . I have heard they charge 100 dollars a hr for labor. We have a 8 pound poodle and was wondering if they allow them in the waiting area. Also is Roadmaster going to be at the Rally we would like to get our tow bar serviced. Last question how far do you have to go to get to our toad and dose it make sense to bring our bikes to the rally or is it better to get a golf cart for the week and how much does it cost. Thanks for this great site.

Do they keep these parts in stock or should we call now and have them ordered

Yes, they do have thousands of parts in stock, but best to call and check the availability

Do they give you a estimate on the cost of the repairs during the rally or not

Believe they provide estimates, rally or not

I have heard they charge 100 dollars a hr for labor

Sounds right

We have a 8 pound poodle and was wondering if they allow them in the waiting area

Yes

Also is Roadmaster going to be at the Rally we would like to get our tow bar serviced

Two years ago Roadmaster was at the GNR. The service was 'free', but the tech appreciated a tip

how far do you have to go to get to our toad

Not too far unless you have difficulty walking

dose it make sense to bring our bikes to the rally

We bring ours - makes it much easier to get around

is it better to get a golf cart for the week

Get a golf cart if you don't want to walk or ride a bike

how much does it cost

No idea - we've never rented one

Thanks for the quick ansers to my questions Is any body getting excited I know I am and want to go to the first timers on Sunday morning .

I think we are going to be there early to hang out with the LEO group.  They might even give a job to do at the Rally.  No problem, we can do what ever is needed.

From my headcount, I have ten rvforum rigs (including us) attending the GNR.  Looks like we have enough to try to get a seminar tent scheduled for our meet 'n greet.  I'll let you know what happens.

We will be attending and would look forward to meeting fellow/fellowette forum members. I am also wondering if there is a vendor list? I will be stopping at HWH prior to the rally and I did notice that they will be at the rally. I did a google search and did not find a list from there.

Typically, the major vendors that Winnie uses are in attendance - HWH, Norcold, Dometic, Dimensions (whatever they are called), ShurFlo. MCD will be there, probably Roadmaster, Winegard, King Controls, etc.

We rolled into FC a little early for some service and to do some vol work pre-GNR. For general info, the Lodge Restaurant has reopened (yesterday - Thurs. was the 1st day open) under a new name - Riverview, I think. Same principal owner, but now I understand there are several partners involved. They serve breakfast (anytime), lunch and dinner. We had breakfast there this morning, and the prices were reasonable (total bill for breakfast was approx $10 for 2), portions were very hearty, and service was good. Keep in mind that since they are just opening - the help is new, and when they get crowded it would be wise to anticipate some service problems...but when we were there today everything was running well. It provides an option for meals within walking distance to the grounds for those who don't want to risk losing that "special" car parking place.  ;)

In general, the grounds appear to be in great shape - the last several days have been in the mid 80's and severe clear - very pleasant. Rain may be moving in again over the 4th, but we'll see how things go.

Made a notation of the meet-n-greet date and time and look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for setting it up, John. BTW - the AC addition sounds awesome. May consider doing that on ours. Excellent write up.

Wishing everyone a safe & happy 4th and looking forward to a great GNR.  :D

Pops

'04 Vectra 40AD, '03 Sport Trac, '09 Yamaha Zuma 125

Pops - thanks for the report.  I'm glad to hear The Lodge (it will always be The Lodge) is open and they don't charge an arm and a foot for breakfast.  We're leaving Monday for FC.

Back
Top Bottom