Winnebago 2016 vista lx 35B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rv413

Hello,
I currently own a travel trailer and it is time for me to move up to a Class A. I have narrowed down my choices to Tiffin and Winnebago. I recently found a 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 35b that fits my budget.  The only Tiffins I can find in my price range are 2012 and 2013. I really like the idea of buying a newer RV.  Can anyone educate me on the quality and reliability of the Vista.  I welcome any comments with open arms.
RV413

I have heard lots of bad reports of Winnebagos built in the last 2-3 years.  Poor quality build issues.  They build them too fast. 

The Vista is the lowest cost entry point level of the Winne's

I have a 2006 Sightseer and feel it is well built.  Bought it used almost 3 years ago. 

I have no practical experience, but from the research I have done, I would go with an older Tiffin over a newer Winnebago.

I don't think there is much to choose between Winnebago and Tiffin as brands. For any given price level, they both build decently but not perfectly. Individual models or floor plans each have their own quirks, though.

Tiffin has an excellent rep for customer support & service, but Winnebago does pretty well in that area too. And Winnebago does a super job of providing tech documentation for their products online, e.g. wiring & plumbing schematics.

Tiffin generally has a longer wheelbase and heavier duty chassis for a given size gasser than Winnebago.

I have had my large slide repaired twice, once under original warranty and again under extended warranty. I have had my 2015 Winnebago Vista 35f since July 2014 and have driven 20,000 miles with 90 overnights. Had the transfer switch replaced under the original warranty. No other repair issues.

Five years and over 30, 000 miles and I've replaced the transmission control module (apparently bad when I bought the mh) and the water pump plus a fan clutch. That seems quite good to me. I've not owned a Tiffin.

Ernie

We had a 13 Vista and loved it. About 20k miles all over the west of the country. Never had any issues.  The Tiffin is very reputable company known for good build quality. Have not owned one but looked at a couple of there DP when we bought our new one. But the Vista was not a bad choice.

Personally I think how an RV was maintained is more important than brand.  An older low mileage motorhome with a good history of service will tell you more about a motorhome than the brand.  Beyond service records look at the RV's condition.  That will tell also tell you a lot about how it was maintained. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom