Winnebago Cable Activated Grey Water Slide Valve - How to Stop Slow Leak???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie32v

My Winnie Adventurer 32v has a slow leak from the Grey water tank.
Slide valves are Cable driven and I would like to know any suggestions of how to get this valve to fully close.

I would like NOT to take apart this system to repair/replace the valve.
It looks like the valve is "up under" and towards the rear and may not be one of those that is readily accessable.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, how was it addressed.
Thanks for your time.
Paul

Hi paul,I find i can reach inside and get a finger to the valve shaft and push valve completley closed.

Try pushing the handle all the way in and hold it for about 5 to 10 seconds.  Ours use to not close all the way if I didn't hold it.  Also here is another idea that might help: http://www.bbrv.dreamstation.com/Dump.html
The valve is hard to get at to fix.  If you go the route of taking the old one out, install a new one, don't mess with rebuilding the old one. 

I am going to follow up on ALL suggestions.
I especially like the Cap w/ shutoff valve .. I have this and a valve in the garage and it will be installed this evening!!!!!!!!!!!

Next I will try to hold the t-handle in so the cable has a better chance to seat the slide valve.
Also, I will try to get my arm up & behind where I think the valve is to try to manually shut the valve.

Thanks for so many simple ideas to solve my problem

I REALLY DID NOT want to tear this system apart!!

Thanks Again,
Paul

Back
Top Bottom