Winnebago tool kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We fulltimed in our Horizon for about a year, after we bought our forever home I unloaded 500 pounds of stuff we (me mostly) had to carry. This is an accurate weight because we weighed our coach after the unloading event.

Funny thing about tools and spares is that because you have the presence of mind to have them at all implies that you're also diligent enough about maintenance and repair to probably rarely need them.  Years ago when I was doing a lot of cross country bike trips I always took a basic set of tools and parts and I found I ended up helping out other people fix their broken stuff and not mine.  My first RV trip I ended up fixing some plumbing and heater issues for those around me but I have yet to break out more than a screwdriver to work on my own.  So my take on it is don't get carried away with specialized tools, you're not rebuilding a transmission on the side of the road.  Even a basic set will carry you a long way for most issues you'll have underway.

I find the light duty tool kits that I would never buy for my shop use are perfectly adequate for the once in a while fix-its in the camper.  I think the one I ended up with was like a "130 piece" kit from harbor freight.  Walk up and down the aisles and pick out a few additional things like a voltmeter, tape, work gloves, flashlights, connectors, some wire and that covers most of anything you'll ever have to do on the road.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom