Winnebago vectra 04 power problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vectra 04

When pluged into shore power the tv, refrig,microwave and inverter runs and the generator will not start. Unplug shore power and turn on ignition key and start the generator and everything works.Turn key off and everything stops Any ideas ?

We are plugged in and everything works, I turn the key off and some things shut down. its not the batteries or breaker switch s as somethings on both sides of the coach works and the batteries show charging on shore power

Gen will run if you leave key on but stops when you turn key off.
That's your clue that the chassis 12v (battery or engine alternator) is what is making it work. The generator needs external 12v to operate and typically get that from the chassis battery.

When on shore power your converter (or inverter) charge is supply 12v for the house system but not the generator.

When l go on shore power not everything works . The frig microwave ,tv and some plugins on either side work .The zantrex control board says the batteries full charge. the water pump, furnace and fans don't work. I thought it might be the breakers but we have outlets on either side of RV that works .

When you are plugged into shore power, 120v does a pass-through on the inverter for all the 120v plugged-in stuff. You can see this by turning off the 'salesman switch' when you are on shore power. When it's off, no 12v ceiling lights, fans, pump BUT your 120v TV, microwave, plugs etc will still continue to have power. That's the way it's supposed to work and does so on my Vectra.

You mention a Xantrex inverter... that's a replacement as the original build was a Dimensions unit, which I still have in my Vectra. If it's like mine, you cannot trust the battery display while plugged in or running the gen, as the batteries are (hopefully) receiving a charge and it will always show full. To get an accurate read on your batteries from the panel you need to disconnect from shore, turn off the gen and the engine, and see what the panel says (or use a battery tester.)

I think there's nothing wrong on your 120v side, but the 12v side has an issue. Try toggling the 'saleman switch' off/on... you should hear a relay click and things (overhead lights etc) go off/on. Check your inverter to see if there is a reset switch on it. If the inverter has an issue you will have no 12v in the house nor will the house batteries be charged.

Thanks for all the help. It was something simple like a battery disconnect. I have 2 disconnects on house batteries one came loose the back one which is hard to see . Thank again !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom