Winnebago vs Forest River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stppinz

I am in the middle of helping my retiring parents purchase a motorhome. They have been studying and looking for a while now and have decided on the Winnebago Express 39N. Earlier this week they found out that the Express is being discontinued and are now a little leery not wanting a discontinued model.

In comes Forst River...A local dealer here in Salt Lake City introduced them to Forest River Berkshire as an option. Can anyone tell me pros and cons of a Winnebago Express a Forest River Berkshire? I do not know much about Forest River but it seems pretty nice and it seems like you get a little more for the price being that you are not paying for the Winnebago name.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Don't know much about Forest River, but i wouldn't be too concerned about a discontinued model.  The way manufacturers keep changing brands, makes, models , styles, we all end up with basically a discontinued model at some time.  As long as the manufacturer is still in business, as Winnebago is, that's would concern me the most.  The new car model you buy this year may be discontinued next year even.

Wagonmaster2

I am currently adding wood floors to an Itasca Horizon. Winnebago uses layers of plywood for their subfloor. That makes them good and solid. Nice coach.

Forest River claims to be the largest manufacturer of RVs (motor homes and towables) and utility trailers. It is pretty well financed, IIRC Warren Buffet's Bershire Hathaway now controls it.

Back
Top Bottom