Winnemucca to Sulphur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheltie

Has anyone ever taken their MH/5ver/trailer on this road?  If so, how was it?

What route?  What kind of equipment? 

If I had to guess you're talking I80 to Alt US-95? 

braindead said:
What route?  What kind of equipment? 

If I had to guess you're talking I80 to Alt US-95?

There's only one route I can find and it used to be called NV 49.  I have a MH.

Might want to specify what you mean by "sulfer".  There are several different routes you could take from Winnemucca, NV to Sulfer, NV.  Maybe you mean somewhere else?

braindead said:
Might want to specify what you mean by "sulfer".  There are several different routes you could take from Winnemucca, NV to Sulfer, NV.  Maybe you mean somewhere else?

The reason I stated it as I did was because I figured there is only one place in the country that fits that description.  How many Winnemuccas and Sulphurs could there be in the same area was my thinking.  At any rate, I've heard from someone else that there is also a decent road from Imlay to Sulphur and I need to figure out which is the best way to get to Sulphur from Winnemucca in a MH.

my bad, sulpher.. not sulfer!

Never driven up that way, hopefully you'll get some better info.

i have not been there in years.but looking at google earth it looks like it is still a long rutty,dusty dirt road .

Someone on a different forum told me that he uses it to go camping fairly frequently and that he wouldn't hesitate to drive anything he owns on the road.  The long dusty part is certainly an accurate description.

Sounds like you'll be the expert, let us know how it is.. We're in Reno and really looking forward to a lot of camping this year.

Back
Top Bottom