Winning images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Art is so subjective but the photos shown were certainly interesting.

Niel DeGrass when asked if aliens have visited said something like, "There are about 1.7 billion photos uploaded to the internet every day. If Aliens have visited we certainly would have a high res picture of their spaceship by now."

1707400865174.png

Niel DeGrass when asked if aliens have visited said something like, "There are about 1.7 billion photos uploaded to the internet every day. If Aliens have visited we certainly would have a high res picture of their spaceship by now."

View attachment 171055
In the book “ Sh•• My Dad Said” his dad’s take on aliens was “ The chance that an advanced life form traveled across the galaxy to visit earth is about the chance I’d drive from New York City to San Francisco to visit an Arby’s”

The chance that an advanced life form traveled across the galaxy to visit earth is about the chance I’d drive from New York City to San Francisco to visit an Arby’s”
Consider the possibility of an alien family fulltiming in their space yacht, just meandering around the Universe, when they see a pretty little solar system with a bunch of hominids scurrying around on the third planet. They stop for a picnic and to stream some video of the native's antics... ;)

The polar bear image was on the news this morning. It looks fake. I guess that means it is real.

I like the baby getting his head washed.

The turtle picture is nice, but I am surprised they captured the picture before the turtle snapped its mouth shut.

I guess I'll never look at pictures the same way again now that you can fake images so well.

I will never know if it is real or not.

Kinda like the matchstick Eifel Tower. They weren't REAL matchsticks:

Is the tower real or fake?

Wow, hard to believe that a guy like DeGrass would make such a ridiculous statement.

The polar bear image was on the news this morning. It looks fake. I guess that means it is real.

I like the baby getting his head washed.

The turtle picture is nice, but I am surprised they captured the picture before the turtle snapped its mouth shut.

I guess I'll never look at pictures the same way again now that you can fake images so well.

I will never know if it is real or not.

Kinda like the matchstick Eifel Tower. They weren't REAL matchsticks:

Is the tower real or fake?
I don't worry about AI any longer, Google just scrapped their original AI model (Bard) for a newer version ( Gemini). For those skeptical of a company who's fortunes are predicated on selling information about it's users to the highest bidder, the company erected a giant banner, like the one at Boeing " Quality, not profit, is priority #1 at Boeing" and the one at the Annual Coal Mine Owners Christmas Dance in West Virginia "Clean Coal Is A Thing, Promise", this one read "Bold and Responsible AI".
Otherwise, the NYT's a week or so ago posted 10 photographs and challenged readers to determine which were authentic and which were AI generated; I got 2 out of 10 right and those two were largely guesses. It's that good now, and it's teaching itself.

Last edited:
Wow, hard to believe that a guy like DeGrass would make such a ridiculous statement.

Not sure why you think it is ridiculous...

We've only been to the moon. We've sent probes and small vehicles and hit mars.

Any species that can get here has no interest in us - I imagine we would be like some ant colony - or maybe a microbial petri dish to them.

Any species that can get here has no interest in us - I imagine we would be like some ant colony - or maybe a microbial petri dish to them.
Besides that if they monitor our Internet FB, Twitter, and this forum are enough to keep them away. 😎

I've often wondered about the resemblance of our solar system to an atom. The sun being the nucleus and the planets being the electrons. Who's to say that we're not just an atom in another world.

Perhaps "short sighted" would have been a better reaction. I would have expected a more nuanced response.

When it comes to the notion that there's other intelligent life out there somewhere, physicists love to emphasize the sheer vastness of the known universe. Pointing out there's billions, perhaps trillions of galaxies out there and thereby the existence of life somewhere seems quite possible if not likely.

At the same time, physicists are quick to point out the challenges other life forms would encounter when it comes to traveling across the unimaginable between galaxies.

Unimaginable being the key phrase. Saying "aliens" more than likely haven't visited Earth because there's no high def images of them, to me discounts the possibility that other life out there has advanced far beyond, perhaps millions of years beyond, the relatively short existence of human life here on Earth.

I would think that a better response to the questions about aliens visiting us would be something like, "not as far we know, but at the same time, what we know is quite limited."

But hey, don't even get me going on about carbon based life forms, Quantum Physics/Entanglement and such... :rolleyes: :LOL:

View attachment 171055
I think they came, they saw, they hightailed it outta here!

Perhaps "short sighted" would have been a better reaction. I would have expected a more nuanced response.

When it comes to the notion that there's other intelligent life out there somewhere, physicists love to emphasize the sheer vastness of the known universe. Pointing out there's billions, perhaps trillions of galaxies out there and thereby the existence of life somewhere seems quite possible if not likely.

At the same time, physicists are quick to point out the challenges other life forms would encounter when it comes to traveling across the unimaginable between galaxies.

Unimaginable being the key phrase. Saying "aliens" more than likely haven't visited Earth because there's no high def images of them, to me discounts the possibility that other life out there has advanced far beyond, perhaps millions of years beyond, the relatively short existence of human life here on Earth.

I would think that a better response to the questions about aliens visiting us would be something like, "not as far we know, but at the same time, what we know is quite limited."

But hey, don't even get me going on about carbon based life forms, Quantum Physics/Entanglement and such... :rolleyes: :LOL:
Carl Sagan said he didn’t think the cosmos was old enough yet for a life form with interstellar travel capability to have evolved.

I've often wondered about the resemblance of our solar system to an atom. The sun being the nucleus and the planets being the electrons. Who to say that we're not just an atom in another world.
Funny thing too about the solar system is it’s one of the rare phenomena where entropy, systems generally transition toward chaos, is reversed. It’s a condition termed negentropy where chaos transitions to order. Like if your wife were to say, “if you’ll go fishing today so I can cut the grass in peace, I’ll have time to order hot wings and beer before we watch Top Gun again tonight”.
Otherwise, atomic particles have charges which function broadly the same way the push and pull of gravity holds the solar system in place.

And Venus, and a couple other celestial bodies.

Consider the possibility of an alien family fulltiming in their space yacht, just meandering around the Universe, when they see a pretty little solar system with a bunch of hominids scurrying around on the third planet. They stop for a picnic and to stream some video of the native's antics... ;)
There's a novel with a similar theme...Waiting for the Galactic Bus.

Well I thnk he was responding to the fact that there are no "quality" pictures of alien ships.

And by the theory of the vastness of the universe and limitless time, aliens could have visited millions of years ago when we were just a rock on the side of the interstellar road.

Or they have already visited millions of years from now when we are extinct...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom