Wintering in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Panhandle is nice but it will be cooler. Temps in Jan. average about 60 for a high. Anything along the coast will be higher $ than inland and much more crowded. The Keys are wonderful but really expensive. We found that between Ft Myers and West Palm Beach will be warm and reasonably priced.

My wife and I will be spending February and March in Ocala at the Ocala Springs Resort and then are looking to go to the St Augustine area to nose around. Any recomendations for a good park tomstay at in April?

Bob

Bob you don't need to be in any hurry to reserve a place after the first of April.  We love Florida at that time of the year, since the snowbirds start streaming out on April 1st, and all the pressure seems to go away, restaurants don't have line ups, tourist areas are not wall to wall people, and campgrounds have lots of openings.  Nice warm days, and comfortable evenings.  Just thinking of it makes me anxious to get there.

Ed

Thanks Ed. We just found so much about St Augustine in tourist guides, we decided to postpone our trip back to the Chicago area by a week or two. Just looking for the "best" park around for a big rig.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom