Wintering it out in the Pacific Northwest.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s harrowing to say the least with -20 degrees for a chunk of 2022/2023. We made it through and I would love to hear how others fair through the rough winters east of the cascades fair.

East of the Cascades is tough wintering. I worked two summers in Moses Lake and even spring/fall can test an RV's capability. My friends who live there regaled us with stories of sub-zero winters, freezing rain/sleet, and blowing snow.

Last winter 2023/2023 - we had two weeks of -10F temps. Some lines froze up, but I made it.

Biggest problem I run into is that my fridge craps out at about 30F even though I had a cold weather kit that is supposed to bring it to 0F. But it’s doesn’t work.

Keep us informed.

After 10 years in this part of the country, dealing with snow - usually preceded by an ice storm - and tornado warnings that never seem to pinpoint exactly where the danger is, I'm done. The tornado warnings are usually directly followed by loss of our our satellite TV reception so the only way to keep track is with my weather radio (Wx). There have been two small ones in the past year that went by a mile from us at night and I didn't even know until the next morning when I went to town and all the dang trees were down. And every year we get a week in Jan or Feb where the temps drop to single digits, or below. We had 4 days this past Feb with up to -10 F. And 2 months every summer with 100 degree days and 60% humidity.

Heading to AZ in the next few months permanently. I'll deal with some wind and sand any day.

we had two weeks of -10F temps.
When we were fulltime we complained if nighttime temps were much below freezing! We were never in the Pacific Northwest for much winter. We did go to the Olympic Peninsula in early March once and were there for Thanksgiving once. We were always well to the south for most of the winters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom