Winterizing Question 2005 Suncruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing yet, sorry.  I ran the furnace last night to be safe.  I'm in the middle of a steel frame RV/workshop building project and I hope to be able to park the coach inside on concrete by this time next week.  I'd rather work on her inside if I can hold off.  Regards.

Under the heading of "Better Late Than Never"...  I wanted to close out this thread that I started.  The winterizing problem was traced to the manual valve that is labled "Normal or Bypass".  The valve itself was not closing all the way, allowing pink stuff into the water heater.  I had feared that it was one or both of the one way check valves going into the water heater.  Very glad that was not the case since the only way I can find access to those check valves is by removing the water heater.  Regards

I had a three-way Apollo bronze and stainless valve on the boat that fed seawater to either the fridge or the air conditioner.  The AC broke and we pulled it out somewhere down island and I just left the seawater hose loose and unplugged since the water was directed to the fridge.

A few months later our bilge alarm went off (in good weather and during the day fortunately) - after pumping the water out of the boat I discovered the leak - it was the unplugged AC water line.  The three-way valve had stuck in the partially open position effectively turning it into a "T" and the handle was in the correct position  :eek:.  That completely faked me out.

Thanks for the closure to the story!

Back
Top Bottom