Wiper Blades?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foggybottomfarm

Okay, I just noticed the wiper blades look pretty bad and want to replace them soon. Problem is the manual doesn't give any information and none of the online finders seem to have my motorhome. Any tips or expertise? They appear to be a screw on type.

1988 Coachmen Classic, Ford/John Deere

Attachments

• 20160507_140058-1.jpeg
    20160507_140058-1.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 43
Mine are screw on as well. I just bought wipers that were the correct length and screwed them on. They all have a hole for a screw.

measure the length of your wiper and the width of wiper where the bolt connects the wiper to blade . If everything is the same you are good to go

You might want to consider converting to the hook style wiper blade since they are much more available.  I had no luck finding replacement blades at auto parts stores, truck stops, or even Camping World.  I eventually got  a couple of these and can find 28" hook style replacement blades every where.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/anc-48-17?seid=srese1&gclid=CPedmI-qqM0CFZNafgodPUoFSg

Two answers depend on the length of the blade...

So, take your good old tape measure and measure.. If you get lucky (I DID) any auto parts store and most auto departments (Meijer's in my case. a competitor for Wal*Mart in Michigan and surrounding states) had 'em.  Standard automotive pricing

If they are too long.> Camping world or your favorite Truck stop or RV dealer at Professional TRUCKER/RV prices (Hold on to your credit card).

Generally replacement is straight forward, same as a car, Some places will even put 'em on for you.

IN my case I did have to make a slight modification (I replaced both blade and the blade holder part) but it was obvious how to do it and easily done.

I went to the parts store bought the length 26" and width blade took out the rubber blade and installed the rubber part in my original steel  blade holder and down the road I went for $14.00 A pair.  :)

I stopped in an auto parts store in a small Washington town last fall for a couple of odds & ends that I needed...they had the 26" Goodyear blades on close-out for $2.50 each...I bought 4...all they had in that size.
IMO, Goodyear wiper blades aren't the best you can get...but they're USUALLY good enough for a couple of seasons.

AAAAAND....no thread about wiper blades can be complete without this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZb3OxStaU

8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom