wiper motor replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtslyder

Does anyone know how to remove the wiper motor on a 85 winnebago 27 foot....Or does anyone know where I can get a service manual for this rig?

But.... I guess this depends on the type of motor home. On a class C it would be part of the chassis as they were installed prior to delivery of the chassis to the motor home manufacturer. On a class A, likely part of the house as there was no place to install them until the MH manufacturer added the body..... but I guess the actual materials required could have been supplied by the chassis manufacturer.....

As I am new tho this I am going on previous conversations and the door tag....Vin 1GBJP37W7F3336297  being told it is a P -30 chassis...86 winnebago 27 foot model WCN27RU

This doesn't answer your question specifically, but might help.  WCN27RU  On page 10 (f-14) is mentions wipers and refers you to the "Common Items fiche".  You may have to ask Winnie for that.  Never mind.  I found the Common Items fiche and did not find anything that would help.  But, you might be able to use it sometime.

Molaker said:
This doesn't answer your question specifically, but might help.  WCN27RU  On page 10 (f-14) is mentions wipers and refers you to the "Common Items fiche".  You may have to ask Winnie for that.  Never mind.  I found the Common Items fiche and did not find anything that would help.  But, you might be able to use it sometime.
that will help alot and i thank you alot

ChiefM said:
The wiper motor may be the same as that year chevy truck.
I believe it is a truck wiper motor but I have to figure out how to get the dash open to work on it....Chief M is that chief machinist mate in the Navy...if so go snipes 2nd class MM on the USS FOX 69 - 73...

Can you see or touch it? Maybe through glovebox? Drop steering column bracket, swing column aside? I have done van wiper assemblies before, not in a mh nor a GM vehicle, but gained access both ways. I think it will be from underneath, you will most likely have to move, remove things like defrost hoses and such. Get a Chilton that covers your year chassis. GM full size vans. Look for ''including cutaways and motor home chassis. It'll tell you where on the assembly the mounting bolts are and more importantly, how many. The instructions will be same but different for each brand of rv using the P30 chassis. If you got skilz and the body is willing you can do it.
Take the seat(s) out. ;) 8)

Back
Top Bottom