wired for ac Sundance 3310mks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdboltdude

I want to put a ac in bedroom
Ive seen my model with ac upgrade in bedroom
I have crank up air vent right now...
my question is my rv pre wired for bedroom ac???for easy install of ac
Thanks Steve

Do you have a 50 Amp or 30 Amp RV?
I installed a second AC in my RV 3 years ago. On mine and looking at the ceiling, I had a receptacle box with a blank plate on it. The 110 Volt wiring was inside the box. If you don't have that, you may have to pull the vent trim down and see if there's any wiring inside the ceiling. Mine is a 50 Amp and will handle 2 AC's.

Yes 50 amp
Looks like time to remove the vent and see what I can find in the ceiling
Thanks Renee

called Heartland gave vin # and yes ready for ac  8)
great customer service took just a couple minutes

sdboltdude said:
called Heartland gave vin # and yes ready for ac  8)
great customer service took just a couple minutes

Were they able to tell you where the ends of the wires are?

Drop down the cover 110 wire was right next to it didn't even take the cover all the way off :)

I installed one in my Cougar last summer, extremely hot in the summer. The unit I bought also had an option for an electric strip heater. I would recommend this for the extra $50. It took longer for me to scrape the putty off around the vent than to to do the install. The main thing to remember is do not scoot the unit on the roof.

dtsims said:
I installed one in my Cougar last summer, extremely hot in the summer. The unit I bought also had an option for an electric strip heater. I would recommend this for the extra $50. It took longer for me to scrape the putty off around the vent than to to do the install. The main thing to remember is do not scoot the unit on the roof.

I also got the option of the heater and we use it quite often.

To find out if you're wired for a second AC you can always look in your breaker box
Mine was labeled second AC :)

sdboltdude said:
To find out if you're wired for a second AC you can always look in your breaker box
Mine was labeled second AC :)

You are right. Never thought of that. Good catch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom