Wiring solutions for a slide in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nola mike

i just got an old ('80's?) slide in with the original power converter.  it only has a 6A dc output on battery power. so, i'm looking for a solution.
it only has an icebox, and i was going to get a thermoelectric cooler, which would need pretty much constant power--as near as i can tell, this is about 50-100W/4-8A (these are designed for a cigarette lighter, so it can't be more than 10A or so i guess).  that will be the bulk of the power usage, though we'll have a fan or 2 and some lights.  what i'd like is something that can 1) run on/charge battery on shore power, and 2) be able to charge the battery off of my truck's charging system.  i'm looking at something like this, though i'm not sure if these systems are meant to receive a charging dc current, or if i'd need a separate solution for dc charging.  if that's the case, would it be as simple as just running a switched/ignition relayed cable from my alternator to the battery? maybe with a diode to prevent my truck battery from discharging? 

Back
Top Bottom