Won a photo contest with my RV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Sorry.  I met Jim and the Nesbits at Grizzly. 

Our month of traveling is coming to an end.  We'll be back home this Friday and I'm back to my boring Engineering job on Monday.  :'(

We had some excitment going from Mount Rushmore to Omaha.  Ran into some really bad weather and flooding around 10:00pm.  We couldn't stop and ride out the weather because we were on I-29 and the flood waters were already up to the side of the road.  We got detoured for 2 hours on 2 lane rural roads through cornfields before getting back on I-29 in Missouri.  Ended up stoping at the first rest stop we found that was surrounded by sand bags.  Finally stopped driving around 4:00am.  Covered 700 miles that day.  A lot more than we'd planned and at least 100 of those miles just took us around flooding.

Since this is a photo thread, I'll post my favorite picture from the trip.

Attachments

• P1014314_sepia_S.jpg
    P1014314_sepia_S.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 30
Mike,

It was nice to meet you and your sons. Wish we could have met your wife. We need to plan a get together when we return to Florida in November.

Sorry to hear about your travels but things do happen. Hope your next trip is better on the return. ;D

Nice photo!!

Hey Jim,

We're almost back in Florida.  We're spending a few days in Atlanta (Stone Mountain) to check out Georgia Aquarium's new Dolphin addition.  Also going to spend some time checking out Stone Mountain itself.  I like the campground.  Nicely covered in trees.

It was good to meet you and your wife.  My wife was intent on getting a front row seat to Old Faithful.  She accomplished her mission.

As for the flooding and weather, not a big deal.  It added to the adventure.  It was our first time camping without hookups too so that was an experience we wanted to try anyway.

The only part of the trip I look back on now and think, "that could have ended badly".  Was our rafting trip in Fort Collins.  Our bus taking us to the rafting location got too close to the edge of the embankment leading to the water and collapsed the road.  The differential on the rear axle was about all that kept the bus from tumbling over and into the water.

After we scrambled out of windows and the back door, we sort of looked at it like just another adventure.    When I thought about it more though, what would have happened had the bus landed in the rapids wouldn't have been too good.   

Anyway, good meeting you and we should defiantly meet up.  Too bad I don't still have my M109 Boulevard.  It would give me an excuse to ride the back way to Titusville.

--Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1641s.jpg
    IMG_1641s.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 27
Mike,

It sounds like you and the family will remember this trip for a long time. :) Glad all worked out well. Will look forward to seeing you once we get back to Florida.

M109!!!! That is quite some machine. Way too much for me to handle. ;D I do love the C50T.

Jim Dick said:
Mike,

It sounds like you and the family will remember this trip for a long time. :) Glad all worked out well. Will look forward to seeing you once we get back to Florida.

M109!!!! That is quite some machine. Way too much for me to handle. ;D I do love the C50T.

Yeah, the 109 was a nice but big bike.  Work and kids made it hard for me to find time to ride.  I also started feeling less invincible when my nieghbor 2 houses down wrecked his bike.  Lost the use of a leg and had some brain damage.  Hasn't worked since the accident and has been in and out of the hospital for years trying to repair the leg so it didn't need to be amputated.  His accident made me rethink things so I sold it.  Maybe someday in the future when the kids are grown but not right now.

Mike,

Not a bad decision! I never rode before 2006 when I took the riding course and got my endorsement. Rode a small, but neat, Hyosung GV250 for the first summer. Then I bought the Boulevard C50T in 2007. Now have over 40,000 miles on it. I figure I'm old and senile now so it's OK to give it a try. ;D ;D

See you sometime this winter. Might just give me a reason to ride to Ovieda! :)

Jim,

Sounds good.  Ping me in the Winter and we can set something up.

It's funny, I've owned 6 or 7 motorcycles and have been riding since before Florida even had the endorsement.  I drove a motorcycle as my first vehicle when I was 15.  I drove it every day to/from work until I bought my first car when I was 17.  Never in my 30+ years of riding a motorcycle did I ever consider not riding a bike.  I rode a bike as my primary transportation when I was in the Army.  Drove it even when it snowed. 

It's only been in the last couple years I started getting paranoid about something bad happening.  Mainly due to seeing my neighbor's situation and thinking what it would do to my wife/kids if something happened to me.

Back
Top Bottom