Work Campers in Western Washington Wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another little perspective (new math)  $35.00 buys about 9 gallons of fuel. That means about 81miles of travel in an RV.  (roughly speaking)..  Whoopee, better get a Yugo..  ;D

I've never been asked to pay for any checks a prospective employer might want either, but that doesn't make it a scam.  And it certainly assures that only the really serious will apply!  I recently saw a statistic that said 73% of all job applicants now are subjected to at least a cursory background check (according to the professional society for human resources managers). A sign of the times, I guess.

Background checks can be bought for as little as $20, but you don't get much research for that price.  Probably just a quick check for a public criminal record.

I haven't anything here to indicate a scam. I don't even see where the OP even said what camp ground it was, though one does seem to fit the location the OP indicated but by no means does that show that was the place. I believe that $35 bucks is out of line unless you got the job pending the out come of the back round check.
But really this just seems to not be how or the place for an add like this!

Twenty two replies and opinions here on the forum, and not one indicating that they replied to the OP, as requested, to further investigate the validity of the offer.

I'll admit that I come down on the more skeptical side, but I'm not as sure as some that this always friendly group is always the most clairvoyant. 

The OP's "handle" (Bluesky RV) and the description makes it pretty clear as to which campground it is.

The OP wants serious inquiries only, and I am definitely NOT serious about applying. Not because of the $35, though that would be a negative mark in my evaluation of that place as a potential employer.  I'm sympathetic about the background check and "serious inquiries" statement. We've worked at four different campgrounds and became good friends of the owners of three of them. It's kind of amazing what they have to go through to get  workers who will actually show up as promised and do a reliable job if they do arrive. In only 3 of the 7 years we worked at campgrounds did all the workampers actually show up, stay the season and do they work they agreed upon when they took the job!  One of the campgrounds did a basic background check on the people they planned to extend an offer to as the last step in the hiring process. The campground paid for it themselves, though.

:) ;D If I was close enough to them; I believe i would  investigate them more. I don't worry about background checks. I worked for Amazon in 2010-11 and they did the Background and a urine test. I sure am not interested in traveling more than 500 miles to pursue employers who may decide i don't fit in their circle. Been there; done that.

Did anyone ever check this job out?
I see that he hasn't been back since the day he posted this.

I think it's odd that the Original Poster, has not responded in any form of fashion.

I would think they would at least defend their position. 

M1894 said:
I wouldn't consider it for a couple of reasons.

1.  I have a Motor Home that looks just as new as most 2 year old ones, and it's a 1997. Why would I need a newer one just to get part time employment?

Lee

You know, I have actually had this come up at a place that we rented space at for our trip we are currently on.  Dakota RV Park in Denver requested that no RV's over 10 years old be admitted without approval.  With Cheyenne Frontier Days in the area while we are there they were the only place left that had 2 side by side spots for over 10 days.  We had to give all kinds of information on the condition of our RV?  I mean...seriously?  I have put $10,000 in upgrades into this thing in the last 5 months since I bought it.  Its a 2000 not a 1970!  Could you imagine a hotel requesting you not drive a car over 10 years old to their establishment.  hahaha.  Im sorry sir, we cannot except your 1969 Dodge Charger here....it exceeds our age restrictions.  Oye Vey!!!!

However, now that we have 2500 miles into our trip I have to say....these older ones seam to be chugging along with no problems whatsoever.  And you know what the older RV's have????  The seam to have the most nice, most approachable people out of anyone in the park.  I have had 3x's more conversations and drinks with owners of the 15 year + club than I have with the 2012 42ft Allegro owner.  Of course, they could just be turned off by me drooling over their RV  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom