Workhorse Brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

34footer

Does the 2010 Workhorse still have the troublesome brakes of the past? (same parts?)

If the 2010 model you are talking about is a W-20 or W-22, it will have the same Bosch 66 mm calipers that are problematic.  If the 2010 model is a W-24, it has a completely different brake system.

But be careful. If its a wh chassis called the ufo there seems to be a fca issue that they said they were going to recall but from what I understand now it will be fixed on a case by case basis. So when the warr runs out , you might be out of luck Imo.

FrontrangeRVer said:
If the 2010 model you are talking about is a W-20 or W-22, it will have the same Bosch 66 mm calipers that are problematic.  If the 2010 model is a W-24, it has a completely different brake system.

We have a 2009 Fleetwood Bounder on a workhorse chassis and I would like to know how does one find out if it is a W-24 chassis or not. I asked the workhorse rep at their booth in Tampa at the recent show there and did nor receive a straight answer to my question. The guy was non commital to say the least on the workhorse brake problems.

hpykmpr,
If you have a Ford chassis (V10 engine), you do not have a concern. If a Workhorse chassis, look at the GVWR, which is posted on a sticker by the driver seat (federal regs).  If the GVWR is 22,000 lbs or less, you do NOT have the W24.  The W24 is a 24,000 lb GVWR chassis.

Some 38 foot Bounders on the Workhorse chassis use the higher capacity W24 chassis. All the rest are W22.

RV Roamer said:
hpykmpr,
If you have a Ford chassis (V10 engine), you do not have a concern. If a Workhorse chassis, look at the GVWR, which is posted on a sticker by the driver seat (federal regs).  If the GVWR is 22,000 lbs or less, you do NOT have the W24.  The W24 is a 24,000 lb GVWR chassis.

Some 38 foot Bounders on the Workhorse chassis use the higher capacity W24 chassis. All the rest are W22.
Thanks Gary I knew there was a way to tell but I just didnt know what it was . I will be sure to check on Tuesday as we are taking it to Lazy-Days for some warranty work . Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom